Spiritus Contra Spiritum

For recovery discussion

Re: Spiritus Contra Spiritum

Postby ezdzit247 » Wed May 18, 2016 4:49 pm

Patsy© wrote:
ezdzit247 wrote:
Patsy© wrote:...I don't believe this is a coincidence that Dr. Jung was the psychiatrist who took on Rowland. Dr. Freud and Dr. Adler both believed that everything was from the mind and didn't believe in any kind of Spirituality or God....

I agree. Jung described these kinds of "coincidences" as acausal events connected by meaning rather than causality in his Theory of Synchronicity. Hindsight tells us that the meeting between Jung and Rowland created a kind of "butterfly effect" which eventually became a global "tsunami" of alcohol recovery. Who knew?

Coincidence...is simply God....choosing to remain Anonymous! :D :mrgreen: :D :mrgreen:

Yup. That "coincidence" and millions of others even more spectacular than AA.... :D
“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
ezdzit247
Forums Old Timer

Postby Patsy© » Wed May 18, 2016 6:41 pm

There is NOTHING more spectacular than AA! Without AA, I would dead! :)
Failed 12 Step Call? Not if we walk away sober!
Patsy©
Forums Contributor

Postby ezdzit247 » Wed May 18, 2016 7:23 pm

Patsy© wrote:There is NOTHING more spectacular than AA! Without AA, I would dead! :)

Sure. On a personal level I agree, but I was thinking more of spectacular in terms of the "big picture".

Here's a fun coincidence my older brother (also in AA) discovered and shared with me. In Aramaic, the phrase "al-qahol'ech" is a phononym for the English word "alcoholic", i.e. they sound the same, but the Aramaic phrase means "called or summoned to the assembly of the Most High God". Synchronicity?
“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
ezdzit247
Forums Old Timer

Postby Patsy© » Thu May 19, 2016 3:23 am

That is pretty cool! :)
Failed 12 Step Call? Not if we walk away sober!
Patsy©
Forums Contributor

Postby kdub720 » Thu May 19, 2016 8:01 am

God is what drives me and gives me strength. Without this higher power I could not pull off the sober life. I depend on it. as for the highs and the lows, I think we all go through these no matter if we are alcoholic or not. Before I developed this drinking problem I had the same highs and lows, then I found that alcohol would temporarily hide my lows, and alcohol became my friend. God gives me the strength and the drive to be sober.
kdub720
Forums Enthusiast

Previous

Return to Discussions