Feeling Discouraged

For recovery discussion

Re: Feeling Discouraged

Postby Noels » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:59 am

Good morning AA Forever :D I can relate to what you are feeling as I have been there. In the beginning it was suggested I do as many meetings as possible. From talking to other members at the same group I heard they did a meeting a day and sometimes more than 1. I couldn't do that and made a point to attend 2 meetings a week - a Monday and a Friday. This served me well as I could comfortably maintain my sobriety from meeting to meeting.
Then things changed, we obtained our own premises rather than renting and we were encouraged to attend more meetings - at the same group - as now there was a meeting every day at our meeting place. With this we had to attend mini big book teachings (which would take the whole Saturday and most of Sunday) and when we didn't do this attend rallys where we were expected to stay the entire day.
I went through a stage where it became too much for me although I wasn't doing the 7 days a week meetings and kept to the 2 day a week meeting. I became irritable as it was the same shares over and over and didn't want to go to meetings anymore.
Since I have left the group where I was at I now look forward to my meetings again. I haven't settled with a group which I would call my " homegroup" and by attending different meetings at different places the shares have again become interesting and helpful. I have for the past month attended 1 meeting a week and have also been using this site to improve my knowledge and share my experiences. So far this works for me but I have an unwritten but sort of " written in blood " rule that I WILL go to at least 1 meeting a week. I am enjoying my weekly so much that I am considering organising another day better so I could actually attend 2 meetings a week again.
So at this stage looking from my experience in having felt the same way as you do today, may I suggest you go to another group's meeting? Is it possible that you perhaps need to " spread your wings " a little bit so that you can learn further? That was the case with me. I have found that there is a whole world of knowledge out there but in order to get that knowledge we need to take action and go search for it.
Look after yourself and your sobriety. You have come so far. Don't allow the feelings and / or attitudes of a group hold you back. You are an explorer. Move those feet and be who you really are :D
Love and Light
Noels xxx
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:10 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: sometimes I wonder if I'm in a drug induced coma or something without knowing it :lol: :lol: :lol:
I responded to this post after reading kdub's message and somehow managed to " connect it " with AA Forever as well.
Perhaps its meant for both or perhaps I need a cuppa caffeine to wake up :lol:
have an awesome weekend.
mwah xxx
noels
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby aaforever » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:52 am

I have been busy the past year and havent had much time to attend my online meetings but still have a lot to share since I have worked through the steps about 20 times for 2016 and am celebrating another year of sobriety and have enjoyed my Thanksgiving sober and have 2 more holidays that Im going to work with my home group to get through and am definitely going to share that I was able to take the time to do my aa online this week and going to be praying a lot for my online friends when I make it to our potluck meeting this Sunday and going to give lots of donations. It has inspired me a lot and that I want to share a lot of my experiences from all of my meetings because being discouraged at times is still going to be a part of my stepwork since I have tried to seek help from a lot of the people at my meeting since they generally have 20 plus years of experience and get through tough times pretty easily.
Live and Let Live!
aaforever
Forums Enthusiast

Postby PaigeB » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:40 am

I wish we had a like button! Thanks for sharing aaforever.
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Previous

Return to Discussions