How E-AA helped

For recovery discussion
Tommy-S
Forums Old Timer

How E-AA helped

Post by Tommy-S » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:32 pm

Hello Folks,

My electronic journey is a little different.

I was not new to "long-distance' support from AA as I started my journey in sobriety on a Navy Aircraft Carrier.

Back then, before satellite cell phones & internet, I used the letters and cards I received through the Loners- Internationalist Meeting (LIM) that GSO New York puts out to help me make another '24 hours'. Some of those conversations took weeks to receive a reply via 'snail-mail', but the knowledge that "I wasn't alone" coupled with the willingness to 'Go to any Lengths' put me on a solid path to recovery from Alcoholism.

Twenty-Five years later, I was overseas again, in a war zone, and needed "the Hand of AA". A friend suggested checking out 'online AA'. I did, but wasn't too satisfied with what I viewed. I needed to find a group that was focused on recovery through AA.

I kept searching and happily, stumbled on E-AA, run by a conscientious group of Trusted Servants who strive to adhere to AA traditions, and a regular membership with strong sobriety.

I've been out of "In-Country" for a few years now, but remain active with E-AA. Today, rather than being a supplement to make up for lack of face to face AA contact, its become an addition to the regular meetings I attend. I enjoy the friends I've made on-line, and the occasional 'pearls of wisdom' I can harvest from the world-wide e-AA membership.

I'm grateful for the technology (and those who keep it running smoothly) that allows me to be in touch with others like myself, striving to recover from a Hopeless State of Mind and Body, from all corners of the planet.

Thanks to AA (& e-AA), I got it good... Tommy
Together, we don't have to cave in or wimp out to that Fatal First One, no matter what today!

Duke
Forums Old Timer

Re: How E-AA helped

Post by Duke » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:36 pm

So glad you're here Tommy.
"If you are humble nothing will touch you, neither praise nor disgrace, because you know what you are.", Mother Teresa

maurits
Forums Enthusiast

Post by maurits » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:14 pm

Tommy-S wrote:

I'm grateful for the technology (and those who keep it running smoothly)

thank you for sharing Tommy!
same here, got it good through AA as well,
step by step, one day at a time

johnd
Forums Long Timer

Post by johnd » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:23 pm

Thank You for your contributions and service. John D.
Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans- Anonymous

ann2
Forums Old Timer

Post by ann2 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:15 pm

Cool post Tommy. I didn't know all that about you and how you got here. Great info.

Thanks for being a good friend to me and a solid group member :)

Ann
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada