A decade...

A.A. Birthdays!
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

A decade...

Post by PaigeB » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:13 am

Ten years. Wow. I think back to the woman who tried to sneak in the Gratitude Club standing tall & feeling tore up! I didn't want to run into anyone I knew, but that didn't happen! So many people know me from 1989 when I was in AA ~ a few of them still attend meetings and I met at least two that day.

I am picking up my chip tonight at my home group. Maybe a woman will sneak in standing tall. I know how she feels. I set down the booze 5 days before my belly button birthday. That is how much fun I was having!
How persistently we claim the right to decide all by ourselves just what we shall think and just how we shall act.
TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 37
This can still be me today. I am a little more prone to turn my thoughts to others these days.

I won't forget... my life depends on it. :arrow:
If I accept and act upon the advice of those who have made the program work for themselves, I have a chance to outgrow the limits of the past.
Some problems will shrink to nothingness, while others may require patient, well-thought-out action.
Listening deeply when others share can develop intuition in handling problems which arise unexpectedly. It is usually best for me to avoid impetuous action.
Attending a meeting or calling a fellow A.A. member will usually reduce tension enough to bring relief to a desperate sufferer like me. Sharing problems at meetings with other alcoholics to whom I relate, or privately with my sponsor, can change aspects of the positions in which I find myself. Character defects are identified and I begin to see how they work against me.
When I put my faith in the spiritual power of the program, when I trust others to teach me what I need to do to have a better life, I find that I can trust myself to do what is necessary.

From the book Daily Reflections
Copyright © 1990 by Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc.
Cling to the thought that, in God's hands, the dark past is the greatest possession you have - the key to life and happiness for others. With it you can avert death and misery for them. page 124 BB

D'oh
Forums Long Timer

Re: A decade...

Post by D'oh » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:58 pm

Congrats on a Decade Paige, May you have many more "One Day's"

Layne
Forums Old Timer

Post by Layne » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:45 pm

Congrats Paige, that is awesome!

ebear
Forums Enthusiast

Post by ebear » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:23 am

Congratulations, Paige!--and thanks for sharing your reflections. I am very grateful that I met you and that you extended your hand when I climbed back into the life boat. =surprised =biggrin =biggrin =biggrin
If you don't change direction, you'll end up where you're headed.

PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Post by PaigeB » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:52 pm

Thanks peeps!
Cling to the thought that, in God's hands, the dark past is the greatest possession you have - the key to life and happiness for others. With it you can avert death and misery for them. page 124 BB

Theo50
Forums Enthusiast

Post by Theo50 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:04 pm

Congratulation Paige!

positrac
Forums Old Timer

Post by positrac » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:43 am

Paige---- Big hug for the work, mentoring and just participation even with your limited at times mobility. I am proud of this milestone and I will say as a reminder that we haven't arrived and nor are we the experts on how to live one day at a time we just seem to have practiced it longer.

I remember back when I was a kid in the rooms and the intimidation of those "old timers" and the strong messages they gave and how they not knowing helped me today.

So keep up the stellar work and keep counting those years as it seems they come quicker than I once remembered....! :roll:
Work hard, stay positive, and get up early. It's the best part of the day.
George Allen, Sr.

PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Post by PaigeB » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:10 am

Thanks! You - all of you - have been a big part of week of celebration!

Chelle
Forums Contributor

Post by Chelle » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:01 pm

Congratulations Paige! Sorry for the delay. Im not sure how I missed this post. :cry: You have been inspiring me since I joined.Thank you for being here, and for being you. =confused

PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Post by PaigeB » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:56 am

=smile :o Thanks Chelle! <3 <3

innermost
Forums Enthusiast

Post by innermost » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:40 am

Happy belated AA Birthday PaigeB

Your words and honesty have been a inspiration, to myself and I am sure others.
May your willingness and HP bring you many more sober days.
The first 164 pg. is the program!