9 years today!

A.A. Birthdays!
PaigeB
Forums Old Timer

9 years today!

Post by PaigeB » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:41 am

Thanks to f2f AA, E-aa and an HP that I can never understand! :wink: :wink: :wink:
LIVING IT

The spiritual life is not a theory. We have to live it.
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 83

When new in the program, I couldn't comprehend living the spiritual aspect of the program, but now that I'm sober, I can't comprehend living without it.
Spirituality was what I had been seeking. God, as I understand Him, has given me answers to the whys that kept me drinking for twenty years.
By living a spiritual life, by asking God for help, I have learned to love, care for and feel compassion for all my fellow men, and to feel joy in a world where, before, I felt only fear.

From the book Daily Reflections
Copyright © 1990 by Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc
I hope you can find what I have found!
Last edited by PaigeB on Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Step 6 is "AA's way of stating, the best possible attitude one can take in order to make a beginning on this lifetime job... with most of them we shall have to be content with patient improvement." 12&12 Step Six, p.65

Spirit Flower
Forums Old Timer

Re: 9 years today!

Post by Spirit Flower » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:06 am

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
...a score card reading zero...

Chelle
Forums Contributor

Post by Chelle » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:15 pm

Happy Sober Birthday Paige!, =biggrin

Layne
Forums Old Timer

Post by Layne » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:44 pm

WOOT!!!

A lot of people may not understand this, but if I ever understand my higher power, it probably isn't a higher power. =biggrin

D'oh
Forums Long Timer

Post by D'oh » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:41 am

Happy Belated Paige!

Amazing what happens if/when we get out of the way and ask for help.

positrac
Forums Old Timer

Post by positrac » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:49 am

Bows and congrats on my belated post to nine years of a life without the drink. I hoped you've reflected the start and also the years of challenges and how last year was and may you experience many more years sober One Day at a Time. Cheers
Work hard, stay positive, and get up early. It's the best part of the day.
George Allen, Sr.

PaigeB
Forums Old Timer

Post by PaigeB » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:36 am

Thanks everyone. I picked up my chip last night! It is official: I made it! :lol: :lol: :lol:

This calendar year has the same layout as my year 1... THAT year I did not think I would make it from an official day, August 1st, that landed one day after my home group - making me wait another WEEK to get my chip. I have no idea why that freaked me out, but I got so wound up feeling I needed that to get that chip or I would burst into a million pieces! So I choose to get it on the 1st at a meeting I went to regularly. That meeting surprised me with a cake and many of my home group gals showed up and sat with me as my sponsor talked about my growth or something - truth is I don't remember what she said at all.

This year was quite different. I didn't get at all hinky waiting for my real sober day nor did I get nervous about my chip night - though I vaguely felt that no one would show up and I would feel depressed. It turned out to be a pretty normal meeting with a few extra gals who are my sister sponsees and good friends. My sponsor had a hard time finding the words which made everyone laugh about how I pretty much leave everyone speechless - or talk so much they can't talk lol. Later when some home group ladies "roasted" me - she cried and whispered in my ear, "They love you. They really really love you."

Who could ask for anything more?
Step 6 is "AA's way of stating, the best possible attitude one can take in order to make a beginning on this lifetime job... with most of them we shall have to be content with patient improvement." 12&12 Step Six, p.65