4 years sober. :)

A.A. Birthdays!

4 years sober. :)

Postby kittyr » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:51 am

Time flies!
Four years yesterday... and life looks so different to how it did four years ago! :)
kittyr
Forums Enthusiast

Re: 4 years sober. :)

Postby positrac » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:23 am

Welcome and well done on four years. It is so true the vision, maturity, growth and just living life on life's terms and how we see life now looking back.
Keep coming back and thanks for the share.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Work hard, stay positive, and get up early. It's the best part of the day.
George Allen, Sr.
positrac
Trusted Servant

Postby Spirit Flower » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:26 am

Congrats Kitty!
...a score card reading zero...
Spirit Flower
Forums Old Timer

Postby Newt Gingivitis » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:15 am

Today, I celebrate 11 years without a drink. I have learned that alcoholism is just a metabolic disorder. So, I practice diet and exercise. I only have coffee in the morning. Sober is an emotional level, not really a physical thing for me anymore. I have experienced the pain of temporary insanity, 'in sobriety', in ways that I never did when I gave myself permission to drink. In fact, acting out during 'sobriety' has caused what could be called the 'wreckage of my sobriety'.

The idea that life is good, that you make an open-ended commitment, and then, ouila!, everything's good -hasn't been my experience. If commitments were an aspect of AA, then AA would be just a pledging society. Commitments are not part of AA. You can make or break any commitments that you need to in order to prevent relapse.

Keep your options open. Keep your mind open. You may need it in order to avoid the pitfalls that can cause relapse. At 11 years, it is all about relapse prevention. From alcohol. Just alcohol. Not chocolate or aspirin.

Life is hard, but once you accept that, it is never that hard again. I want what I need. Not what others want me to want. They can insist that I be Happy, Joyous and Free, and I can insist that all that trolling isn't necessary.
Newt Gingivitis
Forums Newcomer

Postby positrac » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:17 am

Well done on 11 years as these are milestones in our book of life here on this earth.
Work hard, stay positive, and get up early. It's the best part of the day.
George Allen, Sr.
positrac
Trusted Servant

Return to A.A. Birthdays!