16 months!!

A.A. Birthdays!

16 months!!

Postby Saratonin88 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:37 pm

Hey friends, I just joined this forum - but have been a grateful member of AA since last summer. When I canes into the rooms I was emotionally bankrupt. I couldn't stop drinking. I wanted to, but I didn't know how. Suicide seemed like the only reasonable option. And now I have an amazing life. I have a job, I'm starting school in February, I'm free from my abusive relationship, free of alcohol, and I can honestly say that I'm happy and content with who I am. I've just started a second set of steps. The desire to drink is gone, by the grace of my Higher Power.
Saratonin88
Forums Newcomer

Re: 16 months!!

Postby Brock » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:00 pm

Welcome to e-AA Saratonin, and congratulations on the 16 months. It's messages like yours, which convey the hope of a better life in AA, which first attracted me to the fellowship. The forums are a little quiet right now, it goes up and down, hope you stick around here with us.
"Good morning, this is your Higher Power speaking. I will not be needing your help today."
Brock
Forums Coordinator

Postby Saratonin88 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:08 pm

Hi Brock,

Thanks for the welcome. That's okay, I'm not going anywhere! I wasn't able to make it to a meeting today, so I'm just happy to connect!
Saratonin88
Forums Newcomer

Postby Noels » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:46 pm

Good morning Sara, welcome to e-aa and congrats on your sobriety!
Love and Light
Noels
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby positrac » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:26 am

welcome and keep up the great work because we have good days and bad days and if we keep coming back we'll learn to live and face our fears much more easier than we did masking it with drinking. Fear is a big game changer and I've balked over the years and yet gone into the fire with my fears and came out a stronger soul. Hope, and the gift of sobriety is one of the best miracles I've received being sober one day at a time.

Cheers.
You must live your life from beginning to end: No one else can do it for you.
Hopi Proverb
positrac
Forums Old Timer

Return to A.A. Birthdays!