Happy Birthday Duke!!!

A.A. Birthdays!

Happy Birthday Duke!!!

Postby Noels » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:10 am

Our Duke is celebrating his 33rd Birthday today :D
Congratulations and well done my friend :D I am exceptionally blessed to be sharing this journey with someone as humble yet inspiring as you. Your shares bring sunshine to my day and a smile to my lips.
Thank you for being here and thank you for being you. Have an awesome, awesome day today and always,
Mwah xxxxxxxxx
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Re: Happy Birthday Duke!!!

Postby Duke » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:17 am

Thanks Noels. I'm grateful for the thought and the community I have here. It's so good to be a part of something that can be such a powerful source for good in the world.
"If you are humble nothing will touch you, neither praise nor disgrace, because you know what you are.", Mother Teresa
Duke
Forums Old Timer

Postby Spirit Flower » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:20 am

Congrats Duke!
...a score card reading zero...
Spirit Flower
Trusted Servant

Postby PaigeB » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:46 am

Congrats Duke! I have such gratitude in my innermost self - I hope it reaches you.

... more than words can say... :idea: Keep the Light shining.
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby ezdzit247 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:54 pm

Congratulations!!!

“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
ezdzit247
Forums Old Timer

Postby positrac » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:44 am

Sorry Duke on the slow response on such a huge milestone. Thanks for the wise inspiration and proving hope to the new comer that time seems long and yet it is possible if we just keep coming back and working the prescribed program.
You must live your life from beginning to end: No one else can do it for you.
Hopi Proverb
positrac
Forums Old Timer

Postby Barbara D. » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:26 am

Here it comes, here it comes, swiiiiiish, another milestone passes by! Many days in Forums, you are my anchor, and I thank you, Duke! I love that you share experience, strength, and hope and don't lecture or preach or use the literature as a whip!!! I appreciate the awareness you have learned in Recovery, how some days you are not perfect... =surprised And I admire that you don't need to have God's resume and believe wholeheartedly in a philosophy of kindness and love!
Barbara D.
Forums Contributor

Postby Duke » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:05 am

Thanks folks. I celebrated Saturday with my home group of thirty-two years. No cake, but plenty of donuts. I tried bringing oranges one year and got booed out of the room. It's good to be one of many.
"If you are humble nothing will touch you, neither praise nor disgrace, because you know what you are.", Mother Teresa
Duke
Forums Old Timer

Postby clouds » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:08 am

Congratulations Duke, glad you are here :!: =biggrin
" Burn the idea into the consciousness of every man that he can get well regardless of anyone. The only condition is that he trust in God and clean house." page 98 A.A.
clouds
Trusted Servant

Return to A.A. Birthdays!