One Year Sober..

A.A. Birthdays!

One Year Sober..

Postby jnito1970 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:41 pm

Hello everyone I just want to thank all the people who gave me great feed back on my last post of me being 11 months sober. Well i finally got to celebrate my 1 year sober birthday two weeks ago. Got my cake and I shared about my first year of sobriety. I gave all my thanks to not only my Sponsor and family but also if it wasn't for God I think I would be in a different situation. But my beliefs and love for God has gotten me through the bad and good times of my sobriety. I am planning in enrolling in the Fall for Alcohol and Drug Counseling Classes so That I can be a Counselor and help out individuals that are suffering from Addictions. I am also on a waiting list to work in a Sobering Center for the County that I live in and I work for. I feel so grateful for this opportunity that God has given me. And in my last post I said I was going for a promotion I turned it down as it was not good for my career at this moment in my life. I would rather help others with Addictions so that I can show them if I did it so can they. God is wonderful, I thank God every chance I can for the change in me and my new life, 24 hours is all I seek. Thank You everyone who responds and congratulates me.

GOOD THINGS SUPPOSE TO HAPPEN TO ME!!!! I WILL ACHIEVE THAT!!!!!
I have these two saying written on Flash Cards and taped to my desk so I can see them everyday and think about it daily.
jnito1970
Forums Newcomer

Re: One Year Sober..

Postby Noels » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:08 am

Heya Jnito, a warm sunny good afternoon from RSA :D Well done and Congratulations and thank you very much for your uplifting and inspiring share :D
Yes, yes, yes, good things come when we believe we are worthy and ready to receive it! Keep up the positive beliefs and don't be a stranger now okay?
Love and Light
xxx Noels
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby Brock » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:42 am

But my beliefs and love for God has gotten me through the bad and good times of my sobriety.

Wonderful well said, too many today seem to forget where the real power comes from, congratulations on your first year using the guidance which is freely given to all who ask.
"Good morning, this is your Higher Power speaking. I will not be needing your help today."
Brock
Forums Coordinator

Postby Spirit Flower » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:52 am

Congratulations!
...a score card reading zero...
Spirit Flower
Trusted Servant

Postby tomsteve » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:13 pm

good on ya!
ya never have to do that 1st year of sobriety again!
tomsteve
Forums Contributor

Return to A.A. Birthdays!