11 Months sober

A.A. Birthdays!

11 Months sober

Postby jnito1970 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:15 pm

This past Sunday November 27 I became 11 months sober and God I am loving every single moment of this new life that i am living. All Thanks to GOD and AA Program along with the great sponsor that I have and my family. Now that I am sober my life has been changing for the good as in my employment I am going through backgrounds for a promotion also my relationship status is now being a single individual is great because it let's me concentrate more on my program and I know God will send me my correct partner when I am ready. Thank You all for reading my post as I had to write about how I feel. Again Thank You for every comment and 24 hours is all I need to stay happy and sober. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
jnito1970
Forums Newcomer

Re: 11 Months sober

Postby positrac » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:28 am

Well done and keep it up as it only gets better. I would suggest you never forget your last drink as a tool when you have rough patches and or that sudden out of the blue urge for a drink. And yes they do occur at your weakest moment and or a place you are the most venerable. Thinking this drink through start to finish will help this urge to pass and call your sponsor as well to distract your thoughts.

Have a great day.
You must live your life from beginning to end: No one else can do it for you.
Hopi Proverb
positrac
Forums Old Timer

Postby Spirit Flower » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:12 am

Thanks for sharing your gratitude.
...a score card reading zero...
Spirit Flower
Trusted Servant

Postby Noels » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:11 am

Hi Jnito :D welcome to e-aa and congrats on your 11 months :D yes, I find that when I live a life with gratitude everything is exactly as it should be.
Looking forward to reading more from you :D
love and light
Noels
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby PuppyEars » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:12 am

Sounds like you are in a great spot. 11 months is huge good job.
Keep comin back.
PuppyEars
Forums Contributor

Postby Brock » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:03 am

Welcome jnito, well done on the eleven months, and well done on saying “Thanks to GOD” in your post, I find many these days who leave that out.
Last edited by Brock on Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Good morning, this is your Higher Power speaking. I will not be needing your help today."
Brock
Forums Coordinator

Postby Lali » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:14 pm

I too credit God for all good things that come my way. But I don't believe in telling others, especially in a roomful of people, that their higher power is the wrong one. We must keep in mind that a lot of atheists come to AA and we often lose people because they feel that this is a religious organization rather than a spiritual one. That just isn't fair - to deny people the right to choose their higher power and risk running them out of the rooms.

(I'm not saying I never mention God, just that I don't discourage others from having the higher power of their choosing).
Lali
Forums Old Timer

Postby Lali » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:29 pm

Your post made my day, jnito!! Good stuff!
Lali
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:08 am

I too credit God for all good things that come my way. But I don't believe in telling others, especially in a roomful of people, that their higher power is the wrong one. We must keep in mind that a lot of atheists come to AA and we often lose people because they feel that this is a religious organization rather than a spiritual one. That just isn't fair - to deny people the right to choose their higher power and risk running them out of the rooms.

[i](I'm not saying I never mention God, just that I don't discourage others from having the higher power of their choosing).

Good morning beautiful people :D  while reading this response I immediately thought “ mmmm firstly God/Creator/Higher Power is the SOLUTION to our problem as found in the 12 steps, secondly, if I can respect another’s view on not believing in God/Creator/Higher Power they can respect my view in believing in God/Creator/Higher Power” but I didn’t post immediately. I paused and then I remembered …..

When my spiritual journey just started there was so much confusion and agony. I came in from past lives (backdoor), the spiritual people who was around at that time either charged an arm and a leg for a consultation or insisted I find the answer myself.
So one day as I was driving I was desperately asking …. Who ARE You??????? and as I was slowing down whilst approaching a red robot I heard “ I …. AM ….”

Just those words. “ I …. AM …..”

Looking back at those words it explains everything to me. It tells me that God (as we know the word) doesn’t insist on being called anything specific. I can take those words “ I …. AM ….” And attach to it whatever I like to ….. I am God, I am Creator, I am Love, I am Hate, I am Life, I am Death, I am Positive, I am Negative, I am Light, I am Darkness, I am Everything, I am Nothing, I am Health, I am Sickness, I am joy, I am Pain, I am You, I am Her, I am Him, I am Them …. And it will cover whatever i wish it to cover.

“I …. AM …..” also indicates to me that God (the word I choose to attach) knows exactly who / what / it is so its not God who is confused but us.

Having said all the above I must say for me personally – The “ I …. AM …” is part of me as I am part of it. “I … AM …” is my blood, my breath, my thoughts, my speech, my actions, …. Me …. So separating myself from “ I … AM ….” Is absolutely impossible and not negotiable so the best I can do for those who are offended when I mention “ I …. AM ….” I can only hand over to my “ I ….. AM ….” And believe that whatever happens on that person’s path will be as it should be.

Denying "I ... AM ..." will be denying myself and my existence. May “I … AM …” be with everyone reading this post today and every day hereafter.

Lotsa Love and Light
Noels xxx
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Return to A.A. Birthdays!