7 Years Today

A.A. Birthdays!

7 Years Today

Postby Tosh » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:56 am

Well I was up at 5.45 am, I've been for a three mile run with a little bit of speed work, I've had breakfast, and a nice chat with Mrs Tosh. We're self employed, so we're taking the day off.

My step-daughter is back from university and is in bed (we'll not see her till after midday), the dog has been walked, the dinner is in the slow cooker (crock pot for you 'Mericans); it's gingered beef. At 10.00 am Mrs Tosh and myself are going to the gym; we do strength training together. We love going to the gym on a sneaky day off work; it feels naughty. Then this afternoon we're off down to the river to walk the dog and have a picnic. I'll take a photo and show you how lovely it is there.

And this evening I've got my homegroup; Linda is baking me a cake. I think it's the first time anyone's baked me a cake. I've asked her not to go to any trouble, but she will, and I find it touching that she is. Her husband is slowly dying of some lung disease too. She's lovely is Linda.

So I'm sat here - like a big softie - filled with gratitude and tears in my eyes. I guess I still remember 'what it was like' to wake up in a wet bed, feeling ill and anxious; powerless and wishing I was dead. Compared to then, the life I have today is just wow.

Thanks A.A. and to everyone in it.
Come, come, whoever you are. Wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving. It doesn't matter. Ours is not a caravan of despair. Come, even if you have broken your vows a thousand times. Come, yet again, come, come.” Rumi (No sniggering from the sex addicts)
Tosh
Forums Old Timer

Re: 7 Years Today

Postby Noels » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:06 am

Congratulations Tosh :D Well donnit man :!: :D Glad you turned your life around 7 years ago and may the next 7 be filled with only love, happiness and peace :D
Thanks for sharing your experiences with us so we can learn from them.

Mwah xxx
Love and Light
Noels
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby D'oh » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:16 am

Congrats on 7 years Tosh.

Wow 3 miles, now that's what would do me in. I can see Bed sweats, shakes, and ill.
D'oh
Forums Long Timer

Postby Karl R » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:21 am

Happy Birthday Tosh.

regards,
Karl
Karl R
Forums Old Timer

Postby Reborn » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:48 am

Wow 7 years...thanks for your contributions here...I have alot of respect for you Tosh...congrats mate!
We have recovered, and have been given the power to help others. BB pg 132
Reborn
Forums Long Timer

Postby Duke » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:23 am

Congratulation Tosh. Thanks for sharing. That was beautiful. Please know that's there are many of us across the pond, smiling tonight as you try to balance that cake with your fitness regimen.
"If you are humble nothing will touch you, neither praise nor disgrace, because you know what you are.", Mother Teresa
Duke
Forums Old Timer

Postby ezdzit247 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:35 am

Happy Birthday, ya big softie!

Congratulations on 7 years of sobriety!

Your e-aa pals on this side of the pond will be there with you in spirit when you blow out the candles on that lovely birthday cake..... :D
“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
ezdzit247
Forums Old Timer

Postby PaigeB » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:45 am

TOSH! Wow. You have been such a Light to me. I don't run and I don't get up early, but it takes all kinds doesn't it? Duke is right though, I am smiling. When I go to a meeting tonight and they call for anniversary announcements I will think of you again.

Keep doing what you do - pretty sure you need this help we have found! :lol:
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby Feeya » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:57 pm

Wow Tosh!
Congratulations on seven years!
Thank you for being here and sharing with us! :)
One day at a time.
Feeya
Forums Contributor

Postby ann2 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:40 am

Very very cool. Hope you had a great celebration last night. Cake and all! Awesome. Big congrats and big gratitude.

Ann
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Postby Hanna » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:00 pm

Congratulations Tosh, what a wonderful day! I'm so happy you for you! Thank you for all the help you gave me when I got here, you told me early on "if you pick up a drink things will just get worse, if you don't you'll sort this out", I hung onto those words whenever I felt like giving up cause I felt it was too overwhelming facing all the destruction I had caused. Thank you Tosh, I sorted it all out :D ~
Hanna
We will comprehend the word serenity and we will know peace
Hanna
Forums Long Timer

Postby Spirit Flower » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:34 pm

Yay Tosh!

(Congrats to Mrs Tosh)

(tell Mrs Tosh to google 3,100 mile race to see and tremendously interesting ultra event)
...a score card reading zero...
Spirit Flower
Trusted Servant

Postby Lali » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:37 pm

Congrats, Tosh! I guess you have been here at e-aa about the same length of time as me and I'm very happy for that. It wouldn't be the same without you sharing your ESH and your sense of humor.

Thanks for being here! If you should ever leave, I will swim across the pond and drag your arse right back here!
Lali
Forums Old Timer

Postby tyg » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:52 pm

_____________07
_____▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
_____ {~*╔╦╗────────*~}
_____ {~*║╩╠═╦═╦═╦╦╗*~}
_____ {~*║╦║╬║╬║╬║║║*~}
_____ {~*╚╩╩╩╣╔╣╔╬╗║*~}
_____ {~*────╚╝╚╝╚═╝*~}
__▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
__{~* ╔═╦╗─╔╗╔╗─╔╗────*~}
__{~* ║╚╠╬╦╣╚╣╚╦╝╠═╦╦╗*~}
__{~* ║╔║║╔╣╔╣║║╬║╬║║║*~}
__{~* ╚═╩╩╝╚═╩╩╩═╩╩╬╗║*~}
__{~* ─────────────╚═╝*~}
_▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
________████████
________████████
____████████████
__██████████████

Whoot Whoot congratulations on 7 years and having many more!!
~The secret to the AA program is the first three words on page 112~
tyg
Forums Long Timer

Postby Db1105 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:49 am

Congratulations!
Db1105
Forums Contributor

Next

Return to A.A. Birthdays!