AA's Birthday.

A.A. Birthdays!

AA's Birthday.

Postby Brock » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:47 am

One of our members 'Clouds' is celebrating 42years today, congratulations to her, according to this AA itself has a birthday today, 81 years.

"I have placed both operation and myself in God's hands.  I'm going to do what it takes to get sober and stay that way.'  "Just before they stopped [at the hospital, where Dr. Bob was to perform surgery], Bill, who also had his practical side, gave him a bottle of beer...The bottle of beer Bill gave him that morning was the last drink he [Dr. Bob] ever had. "Although arguments have been and will be made for other significant occasions in A.A. history, it is generally agreed that Alcoholics Anonymous began there, in Akron, on that date: June 10, 1935." 

1980, Dr. Bob and the Good Oldtimers, pages 74-75
"Good morning, this is your Higher Power speaking. I will not be needing your help today."
Brock
Forums Coordinator

Re: AA's Birthday.

Postby PaigeB » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:30 am

Congratulations clouds! Thanks for all you do for us and for the alcoholic who still suffers.

And thank goodness for Bill & Bob, who followed their innermost-selves and that their journey led to the meetings, the people & the Big Book that saved my life.
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Return to A.A. Birthdays!