A.A. Birthdays!

20083 Minutes

Postby Feeya » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:58 am

Hi everyone, my name is Feeya,
I am an alcoholic.
On May 26, 2016 I had my last drink.

Today I am two weeks sober.

I want to say thank you!
Thank you for all the patience, all the advise, all the heads up I received since joining this forum!
As someone who is living in a very rural area with not a lot of meetings available, you guys are giving me hope and strength every single day.
This forum is the first thing I go to in the morning, after meditation, and it is the last thing I go to in the evening, before meditation and bed time.
You guys have kept me company at night, when I was awake and scared and, without knowing it, kept me from giving up.

It was in this Forum that one of you encouraged me to go to my first meeting and when I tried to back out, found the exact right words to make me go anyway.
It was here that I was first told that the thoughts that kept me from getting sober were just that - thoughts.

I am so grateful for that.
I am so grateful that I get to share and ask questions and not be judged! I am even encouraged to keep posting, to keep engaging in the conversations.
I really really appreciate that and I wish all of you the best of luck, who ever and where ever you are in the world.

Please know that you are appreciated.
One day at a time.
Feeya
Forums Contributor

Re: 20083 Minutes

Postby Noels » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:39 pm

:D Thanks Feeya :D you're an absolute pleasure to talk with and you're worth so much more than you can possibly think. Yes we all still get a tough day here or there but so do non-alcoholics and non-addicts :D I now look upon this addiction as a blessing because working the 12 steps have put me back on my spiritual path and I know that although there may still be a difficult day or two in my future, my Creator and the fellowship of AA will always be there to carry me through it.
So I join you in your thanksgiving and salute you on 2 full weeks of sobriety. :D Well done :D We're proud of you. Keep moving forward and upward.
I'm off to my happy place so nite nite, have an awesome day tomorrow. Be the best that you can possibly be.
Love and Light
Noels xxx
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby ezdzit247 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:16 pm

Hi Feeya

Congratulations on 2 weeks of sobriety!!!

Thank you so much for sharing your journey with us. I know you probably can't fully understand this yet, but you really are giving all of us sooooooo much more than you're getting. I need to always remember what it was like, what happened and what it's like for me now. Your shares have helped me to remember that and how important hope is. It was the hope that I found in the AA fellowship that gave me the courage to keep trudging forward in blind faith that things would get better, especially on those days when all I really wanted to do was give up and quit. You're an inspiration, Feeya.

Keep coming back....
“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
ezdzit247
Forums Old Timer

Postby PaigeB » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:49 pm

Wonderful post! And you are welcome! Now, you have to pass it on...

I can only give away what I have been given, but I have been given SO much that I could never possibly give away enough to pay it back. Start shaking hands in those meetings - remember the first 2 days and this 2 week mark - some woman is really going to need to know how you stayed sober that long and your experience will save her life and the lives of many anonymous sufferers - more than I know and more than I can ever pay back.

Always say "Yes!" to AA...

Peace & Love to you Feeya ~ Pass it on!
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby Feeya » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:44 pm

PaigeB wrote:Wonderful post! And you are welcome! Now, you have to pass it on...

I will! I do realise how important that is!
One day at a time.
Feeya
Forums Contributor

Postby Lali » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:48 pm

Your post was a real upper, Feeya, on a bit of a trying day. Its nice to go to bed on a high note!
Lali
Forums Old Timer

Return to A.A. Birthdays!