Big book study guide?

The book Alcoholics Anonymous, aka The Big Book, is the basic text for the AA program of sobriety. "Alcoholics Anonymous" Copyright 2012 AAWS, Inc. All Rights, Reserved. Short excerpts used by permission of AAWS

Big book study guide?

Postby Niagara » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:01 pm

Hey folks

Can anyone recommend a big book study guide.....physical copy, and any other books that might help with looking deeper into the text of the big book and the steps?

Thanks in advance :)
If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month -
Theodore Roosevelt
Niagara
Forums Old Timer

Re: Big book study guide?

Postby avaneesh912 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:09 pm

Searrch for Big Book Awakening, you could buy it for 8$ pluss S&H. I am sure they ship it across the continent. Mark H mentions it in his talk. Geared to help a group of people taken through the steps.

Basically those statements (like below) are converted into questions, so you can answer them and see if you really need the HP or just can survive going to meetings. Hard drinkers won't understand this. :wink:

pg.xxv-¶3-L3
Am I the type regarded as hopeless. Wants to quit but can’t?

pg.xxv-¶5-L2
Am I the type with whom every method I tried had failed completely?
Is there anything else I can do?
Show him, from your own experience, how the peculiar mental condition surrounding that first drink prevents normal functioning of the will power (Alcoholics Anonymous, Page 92)
avaneesh912
Trusted Servant

Postby Niagara » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:18 pm

uff, $25 shipping and handling :lol:

Awesome, thanks Avaneesh :)
If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month -
Theodore Roosevelt
Niagara
Forums Old Timer

Postby avaneesh912 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:21 pm

i know, i once shipped a bigbook to india, costed me 17$, first class (slowest possible) :mrgreen:
Show him, from your own experience, how the peculiar mental condition surrounding that first drink prevents normal functioning of the will power (Alcoholics Anonymous, Page 92)
avaneesh912
Trusted Servant

Postby wedorecover » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:24 pm

This might help... (Link removed per forum policy)
wedorecover
Forums Enthusiast

Return to Big Book Study