What's your favourite piece out of the Big Book?

The book Alcoholics Anonymous, aka The Big Book, is the basic text for the AA program of sobriety. "Alcoholics Anonymous" Copyright 2012 AAWS, Inc. All Rights, Reserved. Short excerpts used by permission of AAWS
tomsteve
Forums Contributor

Re: What's your favourite piece out of the Big Book?

Post by tomsteve » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:38 pm

We, OF Alcoholics Anonymous, are more than one hundred men and women who have recovered from a seemingly hopeless state of mind and body. To show other alcoholics PRECISELY HOW WE HAVE RECOVERED is the main purpose of this book.

And we have ceased fighting anything or anyone - even alcohol. For by this time sanity will have returned. We will seldom be interested in liquor. If tempted, we recoil from it as from a hot flame. We react sanely and normally, and we will find that this has happened automatically. We will see that our new attitude toward liquor has been given us without any thought or effort on our part. It just comes! That is the miracle of it. We are not fighting it, neither are we avoiding temptation. We feel as though we had been placed in a position of neutrality - safe and protected. We have not even sworn off. Instead, the problem has been removed. It does not exist for us. We are neither cocky nor are we afraid. That is our experience. That is how we react so long as we keep in fit spiritual condition.

innermost
Forums Enthusiast

Re: What's your favourite piece out of the Big Book?

Post by innermost » Sat May 18, 2019 8:54 am

My favorite section of the Big Book is.

Almost at the bottom of page 56. 4th edition of the Book Alcoholics Anonymous.
"He stood in the Presence of Infinite Power and Love."
At that point in sobriety, when I read this line and attempted to examine and contemplate this word INFINITE connected with God, Power and Love.
I realized how small I considered everything about what I understood about God and many other things.

It's like I went from a person that thought he knew things to a person that understood I had only scratched the surface. So at about 4yrs. in sobriety things took off and expanded into the unimaginable spiritual experiences. :o
The first 164 pg. is the program!