9 Days Sober

All visitors are invited to "sign" the guest book.

9 Days Sober

Postby firemarshal » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:50 pm

Hello all. Great to find this online community I can "meet" with in-between meetings. I'm a noob, been in AA for a couple weeks, been sober for 9 days, hoping for many, many more. I hope to be here for a long, long time. I love hearing and reading the stories of other alcoholics like myself because it gives me so much hope. I initially went to an AA meeting with the thought that I would use it to help me quit for a year. But after hearing and reading others experiences, I know that is something I will never be able to do. I will have to quit for ever. I'm still pretty depressed about that, but I know it is better than the alternative - which is the self-destructive path I was on. I look forward to seeing you all on the boards and thanks in advance for the advice and answers I'm sure I will be asking for!
firemarshal
Forums Newcomer

Re: 9 Days Sober

Postby PaigeB » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:51 pm

Hi firemarshal ! Glad to have you aboard! You know something? I found this forum just about a year ago and I have not missed one day since! I have found it a great way to boost my conscious contact with AA! I am particularly fond of the forum's closed meeting section AA Thought for the Day/Daily Reflections. Again... daily work. I told myself I would stay 90 days and well, I have stayed a little longer than that. I have come to know and love people from all over the world. Awesome. Glad you found in the cyber-universe!

Wanted to also let you know that e-aa does have chat meetings too and a 24/7 lounge where folks hang and chat in between meetings. Great thing about online AA, there is no time that is too late to call!!! http://www.e-aa.org/chat.php register and then confirm thru your email and your in!

I really look forward to hearing more of your story and sharing recovery together! Super excited to see you! Congrats on 9 days! Hang around and more will be revealed!

Here is a link to the Big Book and the 12&12 - you can also read pamplets and link up to the Grapevine at the home page!
http://aa.org/lang/en/subpage.cfm?page=359
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby Mike O » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:35 am

Hi firemarshal,

Welcome to the group. 'Tis cool here.

Have you begun working the steps? That's where all of this begins and ends.

-Mike :D
Mike O
Forums Old Timer

Postby leejosepho » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:34 am

PaigeB wrote:... Wanted to also let you know that e-aa does have chat meetings too and a 24/7 lounge where folks hang and chat in between meetings. Great thing about online AA, there is no time that is too late to call!!! http://www.e-aa.org/chat.php register and then confirm thru your email and your in!

Yes, and having seen your second post first, I would add there are some of us "grave emotional or mental disorder" folks typically there each morning.
=======================
"We A.A.s do not *stay* away from drinking [one day at a
time] -- we *grow* away from drinking [one day at a time]."
("Lois Remembers", page 168, quoting Bill, emphasis added)
=======================
leejosepho
Forums Old Timer

Postby firemarshal » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:03 am

Hi Paige, Thanks for the warm welcome and the great information!

Bill, I have been reading the BB every day. The first 7 steps came fairly easy (or should I say quickly) for me. 8 and 9 are going to be tough. I have been a real jerk in my lifetime. I will be making plenty of phone calls and visits to people. Thanks for the advice!

lee, thank you for that information, I will definitely be there.
firemarshal
Forums Newcomer

Postby jakpar » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:55 pm

hi firemarshal, glad to see you here with us, welcome to eAA!
Jack

"We are of service by accepting responsibility for the authority God has given us and by respecting the authority God has given to others"
Anonymous
jakpar
Forums Contributor

Postby firemarshal » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:23 pm

Thanks Jack!
firemarshal
Forums Newcomer

Return to Guest Book