HI!

All visitors are invited to "sign" the guest book.

HI!

Postby Jellybean » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:07 am

Hi everyone! I am an alcoholic. I started drinking at age 30 and now 14 years later, I recognize that I'm out of control. Both my Dad and younger Brother have been to rehab and are sober for 15+ years so I have a great support group (THANK GOD!). All along I knew that I was at risk of being dependent and actually last year I quit for 4 months. But it wasn't until recently that I finally realized just how "cunning, baffling and powerful" it is. I've been a functioning alcoholic up until now. I've had no DUI's (THANK GOD AGAIN!) but I've noticed a huge change. Now when I drink, I have no cares at all. After the last embarrassing episode, I decided no more and haven't drank in 6 days. I know that if I continue, something bad WILL happen. I don't want to hurt myself anymore and especially not my family. As soon as I am insured (about 90 days) I plan on going to rehab. I feel that it divine that I feel "awake". I'm going to do everything I can to stay sober. It's so scary because it's always in my face and I've read and experienced for myself how sneaky relapses are. If anyone has any suggestions for starting out, I would greatly appreciate it. Anyway, thank you for your time. Jellybean :D
Jellybean
Forums Newcomer

Re: HI!

Postby leejosepho » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:15 am

Jellybean wrote:... I decided no more and haven't drank in 6 days. I know that if I continue, something bad WILL happen.

Welcome to e-AA, Jellybean!

Yes, it all just gets worse over time until it finally kills one of us ... and we have a solution here to assure we never again have to drink at all.

Welcome.
=======================
"We A.A.s do not *stay* away from drinking [one day at a
time] -- we *grow* away from drinking [one day at a time]."
("Lois Remembers", page 168, quoting Bill, emphasis added)
=======================
leejosepho
Forums Old Timer

Postby Jellybean » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:22 am

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
Jellybean
Forums Newcomer

Postby Mike O » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:00 pm

Hi jellybean,
Welcome to the group.
Here's a link to our book called ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS:

http://www.aa.org/bigbookonline/

It's vital to the A.A. programme. I started reading it over 4yrs ago and haven't had a drink since.

Get to it,
Mike :D
Mike O
Forums Old Timer

Postby Jellybean » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:27 pm

Thank you very Mike. Yes, I saw that link yesterday and bookmarked it so I can start working it. I appreciate you!
Jellybean
Forums Newcomer

Return to Guest Book