Joining AA has changed my life.

All visitors are invited to "sign" the guest book.

Joining AA has changed my life.

Postby kenbarclay » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:28 am

i have recently joined AA and i can't bileave how much my life is changing. i staqrted drinking over twenty five years ago. I think it all began when i was in my twneties. i was trying to cope with living with undiagnosed epilepsy. Drinking was the only thing that could get me through the panic attaics. Eventualy when i was thirty, i was diagnosed with epilepsy. I started playing the piano again and giving charity concerts with orchestras. For a few years i managed to control my drinking up to a point, but three years ago, it just began to get more out of control again. My last binge lasted for over two years. It was really frightning because i didn't know if i had the strength to fight this addiction and recover from this diseas. i just feel so lucky that i'm now well on the road to recovery. I think that AA and this program is amazing and it's really helping me. I still can't bileave that i just don't enjoy drinking anymore. I' am now working on a new album and i''m preparing for my first concert in ten years. The concert will be in September. If any of you enjoy the piano, and music in general, i'll keep you posted. I just wanted to share this/

ken
i was drinking for over twenty five years. My last binge lasted for over two years. I am quite new to AA, but i can't bileave how much my life is changing. I don't enjoy drinking anymore. I think it's amazing.
kenbarclay
Forums Newcomer

Re: Joining AA has changed my life.

Postby Marc L » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:46 pm

Hi Ken;
I'm Marc, I am alcoholic and welcome to e-AA.
Yeah, AA can and will change your life. It's great to live without booze, isn't it.

Marc
Recovery won't just happen by Osmosis. You gonna' have to work at it some.
12th Step work ain't just a job... It's an Adventure.
Marc L
Forums Old Timer

Postby Tracy E » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:19 pm

Great Ken! That's good to hear. I've been really feeling I have even more access now that I've joined online AA. Love it!

Light and Love, Tracy
Tracy E
Forums Newcomer

Postby Susan53 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:00 am

Always good to welcomer new comers.

Hope you find what I have.

God bless

Susan

Take Care

Susan
Susan53
Forums Enthusiast

Postby Ken_the_Geordie » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:29 am

Hi Ken and Tracy,

Welcome to e-AA!

From a fellow happy member of AA.

Regards,

Ken
I'm more commonly known as Tosh (it's a nick name, but everyone I know in real life calls me it); just in case there's any confusion; I tend to use Tosh or Ken interchangeably and it confuses some; including me. ;-)
Ken_the_Geordie
Forums Old Timer

Postby KathyAnne » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:13 am

Hello Ken
You have found the right place. Nice to welcome another Brit.You have said exactly what i feel. AA is brillant it is turning my life around for good. if someone had told me i wouldn't ever need a drink again i would never have believed them.
Isn't life great with AA good luck with your music your one of the lucky ones you do something for a living that you love.
All The Best
Kathyanne

Remember keep coming back.
KathyAnne
Forums Contributor

Postby jakpar » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:37 am

this is just great to hear Ken, so glad for you!! and yes, I definetely feel the same, as I now am glad to be alive, and I owe it all to AA
Jack

"We are of service by accepting responsibility for the authority God has given us and by respecting the authority God has given to others"
Anonymous
jakpar
Forums Contributor

Postby TheOrangeCrush » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:58 pm

Why is AA used in 98% of all rehab centers when it has a 3.8% failure rate. It just doesn't make sense to me. How could you ever expect someone to stay sober when you tell them they're powerless. The facts don't lie. Spontaneous recovery is more successful then AA.
TheOrangeCrush
Forums Newcomer

Postby marietta » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:08 pm

The program of Alcoholics Anonymous is NOT used in 98% rehab centers, so far as I know. There are other, non-12-Step programs available. For instance, one "Evidence Based Program for Substance Abuse" which can be accessed online, practically "guarantees" quick and easy non-12-Step recovery from substance abuse for a neat and tidy sum. "Financing and Financial Aid is Available. With an approval from our outside, third party finance company, guests can enter our program simply by paying the $1,000 non-refundable down payment to reserve a bed," they say.

A.A.: $0.00

No matter how much one can afford to pay to be rid of the terror and demoralization of alcoholism, some will never recover, 12 Steps or no steps. And perhaps some will enjoy lasting continuous sobriety without A.A. How is all of this measurable? You have prospects or patients or clients who, by the very nature of their maladies, are pretty much incapable of being rigorously honest about anything. You have businessmen and women who have turned the compassionate act of carrying the message of recovery into a gazillion dollar corporate enterprise all across this country. Where there is one person's misery there is another's opportunity.

I happen to have been fortunate enough to find A.A. before I killed myself or someone else. I have a small bit of wisdom to share with others so that they might make progress today within the program. There are lots of non-believers, countless bitter outsiders who don't "get it" and, sadder still, who don't "want to get it." If a new person posts on this forum today and says "I have nine days of sobriety, I'm pretty shaky, but I have a sponsor and I'm willing" then I may have something to contribute so that this person might see tomorrow. And not a dime goes into my pocket.

We are such a litigious society, always looking for warranties and guarantees. We have none in this life. We get an allotment of days to spend in gratitude and in awe of our limited time here, or we can p*ss it away mocking and jeering at those who want to try A.A. If you want a warranty or a guarantee, buy a dishwasher. (For a small price you can extend that warranty ...)

marietta
"There can be nothing more frequent than an occasional drink." ~ Oscar Wilde
marietta
Forums Contributor

Postby alisa99 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:07 pm

Just wanted to say aa has changed my life also. I checked myself into a treatment center for the first time after a 2 yr binge and almost dying when I tried to self detox. I was truly hopeless and saw no hope at all. While the treatment center was wonderful , it was the AA meetings they put me in that saved me and transformed my alcohol drenched mind and near dead soul. I am so very grateful for this program. I returned home 3 days ago and haven't found any meetings near me that are really good yet but I'll keep searching and now that I've found this place I'll be here often
Bless you all
alisa99
Forums Newcomer

Postby TonyWARMS » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:13 pm

http://www.e-aa.org/talk.php

This link might help you.

Peace, Tony

P.S. Congratulations, and good luck
"Nothing comes to stay. Everything comes to pass".
(I don't know where I heard this)
TonyWARMS
Forums Long Timer

Postby ann2 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:35 pm

Welcome Alisa! Great to read you and thanks for sharing! This online group has been a wonderful support to me. Hope to keep reading you!

Ann
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Postby Lali » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:48 am

Welcome, Alisa! I hope to hear more from you.
Step 1: I can't
Step 2: He can
Step 3: I think I'll let him
Lali
Forums Old Timer

Return to Guest Book