Hi, I'm Steven, and I'm an alcoholic

All visitors are invited to "sign" the guest book.
Steven F
Forums Long Timer

Hi, I'm Steven, and I'm an alcoholic

Post by Steven F » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:12 pm

Hello there!

I found AA through the "need help now" on e-aa.org some 18 months ago, and stopped drinking on July 23rd 2008. The 12th step work of the ones who have replied to me that day has a lot to do with that, and I thank them from the bottom of my heart for the things they mailed to me.

A friend from another mailing list (you know who you are :-)) has invited me over to this forum. In fact, I have been here a long time ago to check it out, but did not get involved. I have been reading for the past half hour and already found some pearls, so I think I'll stick around.

I have a sponsor who believes in working through the steps swiftly (as indeed the book says), so I have been doing quite a lot. Alas, I also have some experience with what happens when you get stuck in the middle and let up on the work. Right now, I also I'm almost current on my amends (one new "to do" popped up a few days ago) and taking baby-steps in practising 10 and 11, looking for 12th step opportunities and above all seeking to keep the momentum going.

A bit of a long message for a "hi", but I figured I might as well give you an idea where I am coming from :-).

Warm greets to all!
Steven

Karl R
Forums Old Timer

Re: Hi, I'm Steven, and I'm an alcoholic

Post by Karl R » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:41 pm

Hey Steven!

My story is your story. Some 18 months ago I lurked into these e-AA forums 1 day sober. We've almost got the same birthday. I was given the message here and decided I'd hang around for bit. They've not kicked me out yet! :D In fact, the e-AA group keeps finding the odd job for me to do to enhance my own sobriety.

Glad you're here Steven! You're needed.

cheers,
Karl

ann2
Forums Old Timer

Post by ann2 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:05 am

Welcome Steven, I think you'll fit right in, and we appreciate your experience, strength and hope.

Thanks for posting and saying hi!

Ann
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada

mebill
Forums Long Timer

Post by mebill » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:51 am

Hey Steven,

Glad you are here with us. Thanks for sharing your ESH.

Bill

Ken_the_Geordie
Forums Old Timer

Post by Ken_the_Geordie » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:09 am

And a formal welcome to the forum from me too!

Ken, an Alkie from the UK
I'm more commonly known as Tosh (it's a nick name, but everyone I know in real life calls me it); just in case there's any confusion; I tend to use Tosh or Ken interchangeably and it confuses some; including me. ;-)

gregoryc
Forums Enthusiast

Post by gregoryc » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:47 pm

Trust me, admitting to yourself that you are alcoholic is a fantastic (and very positive) step.

You are in the right place, welcome.... :)