All visitors are invited to "sign" the guest book.

Postby homewardbound » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:27 am

Hey there my name is John, really.....
I'm 37 yrs old male and finally hit the bottom about 3 months ago
been sober again on my own for about a month now. I use alcohol as a cructh when i'm depressed or things aren't going the way i wanted them too.
In this i always thought it would solve the problem ,instead it just made things worse for me. Problems were still there when i was hungover and then i felt like crap on top of it. I feel great now that i'm sober, doing things around the house that i always put off and feel very active. Yet it seems that i have this crazy craving for coffee and sweets now.....LOL one vice for another i guess. Also i don't seem to have the lebido that i used to have when i was drinking......Is this a normal accurance when you stop?????
thanks for any info
homewardbound
Forums Newcomer

Re: new member

Postby Blue Moon » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:24 am

homewardbound wrote: Yet it seems that i have this crazy craving for coffee and sweets now.....

I can relate. I could quit drinking for periods of time, no problem. I wasn't one of yer 24/7 drinkers. But I drank. Many times I said I need a drink, and a lie detector wouldn't flicker.

I became a chocoholic in the early days. That phase passed after a few months, maybe about a year.

It was important for me to get into a program that helped me learn how to handle situations sober. If I relied on alcohol for any situation, I needed to learn how to handle that situation without alcohol. this takes time, getting and being involved.

I discovered that's exactly what AA is all about :) So much more than just not drinking.
Ian S
AKA Blue Moon
Blue Moon
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:11 am

thanks for the info

Postby Holly96 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:04 am

to those of you wondering about things. Welcome. My name is Holly. Feel free to ask questions here! Its a great forum, and a wonderful website.

You might even consider going to a few open AA meetings (open being any one can attend....you dont have to be an alcoholic). Perhaps there you can listen and ask questions as well. Either way, glad your here!
don't leave before the miracle...you will be amazed.

Holly
Holly96
Forums Long Timer

Return to Guest Book