Hi There

All visitors are invited to "sign" the guest book.

Hi There

Postby AmandaF » Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:17 pm

Hello. My name is Amanda and I'm an alcoholic, 7 months sober. That's 6 months longer than the previous record, so I'm optimistic. However, I've been struggling with the program, so I thought I'd try online.

I'm real shy. Sharing at the table is hard for me. Sometimes the table can stress me out too much to even listen. I just split with my sponsor, because we were at a grinding halt until I went to more meetings (I currently only do two a week, and my boss is good at sabatoging my 5pm Friday).

I do keep busy with constructive stuff, though. I took up distance running, am taking church class (gonna convert), and see a therapist for starters. I have read the Big Book and did a Back to Basics, but just haven't really integrated it into my life.

Hope to stick around and learn more from you guys!
AmandaF
Forums Newcomer

Postby stephbridget » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:43 pm

My sponsor left me after a year as I did not meet her criteria anymore.
Do not let that make you feel bad as sponsors are only human.

I am glad you are here with us. Just take it one day at a time and let me know if you need anything.
Stephanie in TX
Focus on the Now...
stephbridget
Forums Old Timer

Postby Blue Moon » Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:49 am

Sharing is hard at first. But you don't have to say anything. My f2f home group holds closed meetings, and the most I ever have to say is "Ian, Alcoholic" and "Pass".
Ian S
AKA Blue Moon
Blue Moon
Site Admin

Postby beholden » Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:15 pm

Hi, I am new to this forum. I've been sober for 9 years but I haven't been to a meeting in a while. Just trying to get back on track.
beholden
Forums Newcomer

Return to Guest Book