hello

All visitors are invited to "sign" the guest book.

hello

Postby yummers » Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:44 pm

Hi all, I'm Sara and I'm an alcoholic. I didn't know if to sign this guestbook we just post a new topic, or continue an existing thread. I guess either way it doesn't matter. Well I have 6 days sober now, so this is all new to me. I have gone to several meetings and will continue to go - gonna try that "90 meetings in 90 days" even if it means some days I go 2 times whether I feel like it or not. Well, I'll see you around the forums and maybe chat from time to time. I can use the ESH of all that have been there.
Hang in there...
~yummers~
yummers
Forums Newcomer

Re: hello

Postby Holly96 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:48 pm

welcome Sara, my name is Holly and I am an alcoholic. I am glad you are here! GREAT going to meetings. get as many in as you can. Do you have a sponsor yet?
I love the fact you go to the meetings wether you feel like it or not. that is a great habit to get into. You will NOT regret that down the road. Its an investment in YOU!

Let me know if there is anything I can help you with. Feel free to post here, or email me anytime.
don't leave before the miracle...you will be amazed.

Holly
Holly96
Forums Long Timer

Postby Whiskers57 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:16 pm

Welcome Sara, and I hope the best for you in your fight to stay sober, stick with the meetings :) .

When I am in between meetings and stuff I enjoy getting on eAA forum, I read all the older post and topics that time will allow. lots of good help here, a kinda home away from home, visit a lot ;)
In the end, I must live
Whiskers57
Forums Enthusiast

Postby tomsidea » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:15 pm

hi, my name is cathy, and i'm *still* an alcoholic and just came out of denial about my addictions as well after potentially losing a guy i care very much about over it. I went to a meeting the other night, and i got a lot out of it. i can't imagine being clean and sober for the rest of my life; it's too overwhelming a thought, but today i'm sober and tomorrow i plan to be sober as well. if i ever fall asleep (i went to bed two hours ago, with no result), i'd like to get up early and go to a 9am meeting and then go to the gym. today was my third day clean and sober. i'd like to say that alcohol really isn't the problem--i'd learned to drink in moderation when i went out but prescription drugs took over, but lately i've been drinking a lot at night at home due to depression, doubly fueled by my break-up. this will end up being a really long post, so i should take it else where. just stopping in to introduce myself.
:bvictory: (it's peanut-butter jelly time!)

<small>[ 06-16-2006, 11:36 PM: Message edited by: cathy ]</small>
cathy

"Gravity will make you fall, and it will also keep you on the planet... It's how we respond to the tragedies in our life that gives them meaning." ?Dana Reeve
tomsidea
Forums Newcomer

Postby stephbridget » Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:46 am

Welcome Cathy.

Stephanie in TX
Focus on the Now...
stephbridget
Forums Old Timer

Postby Holly96 » Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:34 am

hi cathy, my name is Holly, and I am an alcoholic. welcome, and we are gald you are here.

hope you enjoyed your PBJ. I eat one everyday for lunch!
don't leave before the miracle...you will be amazed.

Holly
Holly96
Forums Long Timer

Postby patty143 » Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:25 pm

Hi Cathy,

Patty, alcoholic here in Ohio, USA...
WELCOME!!!
I am happy you are here with us.
patty143
Forums Long Timer

Postby tomsidea » Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:52 pm

Thanks for the welcome... just got home. i tried a little 'experiment' last night, i suppose you could call it. first i went to lunch with a friend to a bar that serves a pizza that she likes. i didn't think it would be a good idea for me, but then i thought 'why do i have to drink *alcohol* in the bar?' and i had two large glasses of water and two diet sodas. great. she was impressed, too. so that night i went to a party with my sister (ripping alcoholic, and i wish there were something i could do about it but apparently she doesn't see a problem), but first we spend some time in her yard and she had a few beers and i had water. when we got to the party at about 9pm, i decided i could try drinking in moderation. the first two pina coladas took a while to drink, but then they started going down easier and faster (i usually do beer or red wine). needless to say, i overdid it and had a headache all day today.

this all on the heels of not making three meetings yesterday; couldn't find the first one at 9:30am, the 10:30 ended up being canceled due to White Elephant Sale, and the 1pm i missed because my yoga teacher was late to class and i didn't have enough time to make it. I decided it wasn't meant to be, and thought i could handle it... oh well. today was a new day, and so will be tomorrow.
cathy

"Gravity will make you fall, and it will also keep you on the planet... It's how we respond to the tragedies in our life that gives them meaning." ?Dana Reeve
tomsidea
Forums Newcomer

Postby stephbridget » Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:36 pm

Cathy,

Meetings alone did not keep me sober.

Just take one day at a time, find a sponsor and work the steps. You are not alone.

Please keep sharing and know we are here to listen and share.
Focus on the Now...
stephbridget
Forums Old Timer

Postby tomsidea » Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:08 am

Originally posted by stephbridget:
Meetings alone did not keep me sober.

Just take one day at a time, find a sponsor and work the steps. You are not alone.
Yes. The whole 'step' thing is frightening to me; i guess because it means that i have to make a commitment. but that's what it's all about... i suppose i'm frightened that i may not be able to stay sober. i thought i could, but i threw in the washcloth (my way of saying that i didn't totally give up--washcloths are much smaller than towels!) on Saturday in a sense. I was at the party for five minutes when I said yes to a tasty tropical drink that night. I will eventually find a sponsor; i'd rather not ask for one, but meet someone i connect with on a spiritual level. for now, all of the wonderful people i'm meeting here will be my rock. thanks...
:D

<small>[ 06-19-2006, 02:07 PM: Message edited by: cathy ]</small>
cathy

tomsidea
Forums Newcomer

Postby musicthom » Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:45 am

hi my name is thomas and im an alchoholic and a member of the st maria goretti group
god grant me the serenity to accept things i cannot change corage to change the things i can,
and the wisdom to know the diffirence
musicthom
Forums Enthusiast

Postby patty143 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:54 am

Hi Thomas,

My name is Patty and I am an alcohoic from Ohio, USA. Welcome to the group. Happy to have you here.

Patty W
patty143
Forums Long Timer

Postby musicthom » Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:47 pm

thank you for the welcome as i have found out since i joined the fellowship it is allways a warm welcome
god grant me the serenity to accept things i cannot change corage to change the things i can,
and the wisdom to know the diffirence
musicthom
Forums Enthusiast

Return to Guest Book