Hello

All visitors are invited to "sign" the guest book.

Hello

Postby Richard C » Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:02 am

Hi, I'd like to introduce myself. I'm Richard and I want to be sober and healthy. I'm an alcoholic and drug user. I have been reasonably successful with AA a couple of times and I want to try again. I'm falling apart. I know this program will work if I let it. I live in Taipei, Taiwan and there are three English meetings a week that I can go to. I fell off the wagon before Christmas after a brief sober period and I've been beating myself up so much that I feel like i can't go back. I have a difficult time asking for help in life, even when it is offered simply to me.

You can call this day one for me. I'm hungover, paranoid, and thirsty. I'm not thinking straight but I've decided to try, try again if it kills me.

That's enough for now. Thanks for being here.
Sober = GOOD!
Richard C
Forums Enthusiast

Re: Hello

Postby ann2 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:20 am

Hi Richard, welcome!

My name is Ann, I'm an alcoholic and a member of the e-AA online group of Alcoholics Anonymous. I'm an American living in Finland with no English-speaking meetings, but one meeting in Swedish I can attend and sort of understand.

I've been online with e-AA for 2 years now and it's been a big help to me. At the top of this page it says, "Rarely have we seen a person fail who has thoroughly followed our path." (Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 58). I've been blessed with friends here online who have walked that path with me, through the steps, through service and through sharing with other alcoholics.

Please consider joining us online in our chat room, email meetings and continue sharing with us here in the forums -- to participate in all our offerings go to the web page http://www.e-aa.org/html/forums.html and click the appropriate links.

There is a lot of support here online, and I'm glad to hear you can get to meetings in Taipai, that's a big plus :) my group here on Aland had been a big support.

Welcome! Glad you're here!

Ann
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Postby Richard C » Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:20 am

Thanks, Ann2.
Sober = GOOD!
Richard C
Forums Enthusiast

Postby stephbridget » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:26 am

Welcome Richard.

Let me know if you need anything.
Focus on the Now...
stephbridget
Forums Old Timer

Postby dre54 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:19 pm

Hi Richard . Do you have a sponsor?
dre54
Forums Enthusiast

Postby Richard C » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:16 am

No sponsor. I make myself read 2 pages of the big book every night before I sleep.

I've looked around the forums about sponsorship. I don't really get it. I've let everybody else down.
Sober = GOOD!
Richard C
Forums Enthusiast

Postby Holly96 » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:51 am

Hi Richard.

Glad you are here. This part of your post jumped out at me.
"I am falling apart.I know this program will work ....
...if I let it."

The three Enlish speaking meetings a week seems like a pretty good place to start the journey of "letting it". Its never easy going back, but don't let pride stop you from reaching out at a meeting there, and asking for help.

I have found e-aa to be a wonderful support to face to face meetings. face to face AA, and e-AA make a great combo! there is support out there....
Holly :cdancer:
don't leave before the miracle...you will be amazed.

Holly
Holly96
Forums Long Timer

Postby veralex » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:35 am

No need to be ashamed for going back to meetings.
You have nothing to loose by going back, you can only win.
It's never easy to accept help, but use it and take it when it's offered.
Don't let this disease isolate you any further.

Good luck.
Vera
I'm done drinking
veralex
Forums Contributor

Postby KEVIN-S » Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:34 pm

RICHARD;
One thing right off the bat.if your previous sponsers were at all aware, then they know people relapse. The only person you really have let down is you.
when you say that this program will work if you let it. mostly wrong. this program will work if you are willing to work it. You have to go to any lengths, no half measures.
just thought i would toss that out for you think about.
Keivn
ALL WAYS WILLING TO LEARN
KEVIN-S
Forums Enthusiast

Postby SteveC » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:59 pm

Hi Richard,

First, don't get on the wagon. I've always been told it was simply transportation from one drunk to the next. I know I never fell off the wagon, I always jumped.

Second, you didn't let anybody down. You got drunk. That's what alcoholics do. I screwed up a number of times before I became "will to go to any lengths." But I was stubborn & kept going back to the meetings. Nobody shut me out. I was always welcomed back. I did finally manage to get willing. I now have 13 years sober.

Third, no matter what, keep coming back. To you 3 meetings a week, back here to the forums. Go to our home page & sign up for a couple of the email meetings. I belong to several, including "New Beginnings."

Hang in there.

Hugs!

Steve
Steven M. Clapper
Great Falls, Montana, USA

Serenity is not absence of the storm,
But peace within the storm.
SteveC
Forums Contributor

Return to Guest Book