Please sign in to our guest book!

All visitors are invited to "sign" the guest book.

Please sign in to our guest book!

Postby SteveC » Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:56 pm

Welcome to all the newcomers to the forums!

Hugs!

Steve
Steven M. Clapper
Great Falls, Montana, USA

Serenity is not absence of the storm,
But peace within the storm.
SteveC
Forums Contributor

Re: Please sign in to our guest book!

Postby wings47 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:52 am

Hello, I'm new here to online AA and I can really use this right now as both my cars are dead and meetings are fifteeen miles away!
thank God for this program, I hadn't missed a week of meetings in 14 months and really felt the difference in myself. The old resentments and poor me's came back in just that short week!
Thank you for welcoming me!
Wings
wings47
Forums Enthusiast

Postby janine » Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:18 am

hey,everybody,
i'm in bordeaux, france, since september, and i'll have to move to paris, as it seems, at the end of february, for about three months..if any of you guys is in paris, i'd really like to contact you, and i'll be be happy to receive your mails...i'm from berlin, originally, and i got my program from the international english speaking groups, there...still sober, still in recovery, one day at a time, over thirteen years, now...i won't be able to be at the froum, very often, since i'm not online, where i live, but have to go to the cybercafe'...have a great 24 hours, all of you, welcome to all newcomers, keep coming back, since this is a program of miracles, it works for me and so don't leave five minutes before the miracle happens to you, as well... :)
breathe and be gentle with yourself
janine
Forums Newcomer

Postby Juanita1977 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:13 am

Hi. I have been 'around the program" for many years and I seem to not be catching on, as simple as it may be. I assume it is because I have'nt really grasped/ accepted step one though I have proven it time and time again. I read the big book sometimes and see my story repeated over and over. I never really read the newcomers packet until the other day, and discovered that it said that for people like me sponsorship can make all the difference. Here is the catch: I am not"Keeping It Simple" because I have no clue how to find one or even what you are supposed to talk about. I admit that I find the whole idea a little bit embarrasing, but I certainly need some humility! I have discovered that while I think I am pretty darn smart.. I am not and despite my many efforts I can't go it alone! advice please
Juanita1977
Forums Old Timer

Postby stephbridget » Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:05 pm

Welcome. I am Stephanie from TX.
To me in the beginning, I had to find a sponsor, work my steps and come to believe in a higher power. Today I have over nine months by taking it one day at a time and doing AA principles both in and out of AA. Let me know if you ever need anything.

We are here to listen and share :)
Focus on the Now...
stephbridget
Forums Old Timer

Return to Guest Book