New Member SoberSarahK

All visitors are invited to "sign" the guest book.

New Member SoberSarahK

Postby SoberSarahK » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:36 pm

Hi I’m Sarah and I’m an addict alcoholic. I’m a mom, a doula, had 18 months sober until I relapsed after a bad drug interaction with Wellbutrin. I have 5 days sober
SoberSarahK
Forums Enthusiast

Re: New Member SoberSarahK

Postby Spirit Flower » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:44 am

Welcome
...a score card reading zero...
Spirit Flower
Forums Old Timer

Postby PaigeB » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:11 am

Keep up the good work Sarah and keep coming back here to the Forums. We are "open" 24/7/365 ~ so available for contact with other alcoholics no matter when you need us! Now, that does not mean you will get immediate responses, but you and read and write anytime! It REALLY has helped me. I am a night owl even after many years sober, Hence my writing here after Noon! :lol:

Now just get back to doing the next right thing. Get back in contact with the Fellowship of AA. Get a sponsor and work the 12 Steps... The Steps are the only way I have found to get solid, long term sobriety.

Glad you found us - keep coming back. :D
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Forums Old Timer

Postby SoberSarahK » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:26 pm

Thank You! This relapse has taught me a lot. I didn’t follow my relapse prevention plan to the letter I need to provide myself freedom from my pride. I also realized that even if you have relapse prevention plans and prepare for prescription drug interactions it could still be not enough and that is the time to be meeting with sponsor every few days and doing a meeting a day.
SoberSarahK
Forums Enthusiast

Postby Spirit Flower » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:28 pm

I don't know what a "relapse prevention program" is, but are you working the steps?
Spirit Flower
Forums Old Timer

Postby Brock » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:37 pm

Thanks for checking back in and letting us know how you are doing, your experience and what you have learned from it helps others reading here, especially newcomers. We have many readers who don’t register or post, and any recovery experience shared is useful.

Spirit Flower has asked a good question, most would agree that the steps themselves are the best relapse prevention.
"Good morning, this is your Higher Power speaking. I will not be needing your help today."
Brock
Forums Coordinator

Postby positrac » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:53 am

welcome
Work hard, stay positive, and get up early. It's the best part of the day.
George Allen, Sr.
positrac
Trusted Servant

Postby SoberSarahK » Fri May 18, 2018 9:25 am

Spirit Flower wrote:I don't know what a "relapse prevention program" is, but are you working the steps?

Yes! I was almost to step 9. This time I’m doing the steps with Russell Brands book. It has a bit of humor and really thoughtful writing assignments. My relapse prevention plan is something I did in rehab. It is a quick reference of who I can call, what meetings I like, self care ideas, etc.
SoberSarahK
Forums Enthusiast

Postby PaigeB » Fri May 18, 2018 11:06 am

I understand "self care" BUT page 84 asks us to "Turn our thoughts to someone we can help." I think about myself too much. This is an altruistic program. Carrying the message of recovery (through the Steps) is a mainstay of this practical program of action. MY big problem was SELF... Self-anything - ad infinitum. It has been only by getting out of my head, my self righteousness, my self pity, my self will, my self delusion - that I was able to recover.

I do not need anything more for Self. Self-ness if my PROBLEM. I need to put my mind and my hands into action helping others. That might mean just talking at a discussion meeting or giving someone a ride to and from a meeting. It might just mean making a call. But the directions say "turn my THOUGHTS" so all I really have to do is think of a person I have seen recently that is worse off than me and pray for an opportunity to be of help to them.
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Forums Old Timer

Postby Spirit Flower » Sun May 20, 2018 7:36 am

It is a quick reference of who I can call, what meetings I like, self care ideas, etc.
This sounds weak. In the spirituality of 12 steps, conscious contact with a power greater than yourself, we have a message with depth and weight. We have an entire psychic change. We have the 4th dimension, the realm of the spirit, the broad highway.
Spirit Flower
Forums Old Timer

Return to Guest Book