Hi, new to AA and looking to make all the friends I can.

All visitors are invited to "sign" the guest book.

Hi, new to AA and looking to make all the friends I can.

Postby Lcampio101 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:47 pm

32 from Baltimore, MD and I really need some guidance and support, I don't get much anywhere else except from my boyfriend. Please message e mail me, I'm new to the site, so it may take me a few minutes to get back to you. Talking really helps me I just don't have the nerve to talk in AA yet.
Lisa Marie
Lcampio101
Forums Newcomer

Re: Hi, new to AA and looking to make all the friends I can.

Postby D'oh » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:35 pm

Hi Lisa, Glad you found e AA. Keep coming back, typing gets easier. Try to get to a meeting, even if you don't say anything. The people in them, their body language alone can show that they have Something of a inner peace, an inner peace that you might just be looking for.

Most will be more than happy to show you how they received it.
D'oh
Forums Long Timer

Postby ezdzit247 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:46 pm

Hi Lisa and welcome.

AA is a great place to make new sober friends. I didn't speak at meetings beyond just saying "I'm Mary and I'm an alcoholic" for several months when I first came to AA, but I really learned a lot about the program from listening to others share their ESH so it worked really well for me. Glad you found this forum!

Keep coming back....
“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
ezdzit247
Forums Old Timer

Postby Lcampio101 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:54 pm

Thanks so much for the encouragement, I felt so alone in the world for so long, just talking to a few people on here I have hope, I am one day sober today. I've went for months sober and thought I could do it on my own, but I need to try a different approach since it always leads back to me binge drinking for days at a time. Drinking has had little or no positive effects in my life. Dui, missing school, mising work, etc. I'm willing to admit I am powerless over alcohol and give in to my higher power.
Lisa Marie
Lcampio101
Forums Newcomer

Postby tyg » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:12 pm

Welcome, glad you are here. Hope to keep reading you around the forum. :)
You can PM me anytime to talk.
~The secret to the AA program is the first three words on page 112~
tyg
Forums Long Timer

Postby D'oh » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:20 am

You are not alone, all of us have been beaten by Alcohol in one way or another. My biggest concern after my 1st DUI was How was I going to get my car back from the Bar, when I get my licence back? Do I drive there, and walk back then walk back on the morning to get my car, or just walk to the bar and back? I was confused!

It didn't matter because I got my second DUI before I got my licence back. (I was so lucky that I never killed or hurt anyone) But the 2nd DUI made me realize that I was the problem and that drinking was just a symptom. That I needed help.

I was so ashamed the first time I told that storey, but nobody judged me. Almost everyone had a storey similar to mine, all they offered was a way that they found that helps.

So keep (typing) coming back, It works! It really does.
D'oh
Forums Long Timer

Postby Brock » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:14 am

Hi and welcome to e-AA. There is not much that I can say that hasn’t been said already, except that I noticed in one of your other posts that you said when you went to a meeting, or were forced to at 18 you hated it, I want to say that this is not uncommon.

Now that you have come to realize that you need it for yourself, rather than being forced, perhaps you will have a different experience. I am not saying you will suddenly like meetings, most people I know didn't, but it is something that comes to grow on you. Most importantly to me, I believe that while as many meetings as possible was a good thing at the start, and many recommend every day for ninety days if you can, this is not a life sentence. Luckily I came to realize that most people who have done the steps, can cut way down on the meetings, you may still meet those who go almost everyday, but you will find many who are happy with a couple a week, I mention this partly because it was one of the 'excuses' I used to quit AA in the past. The program I found was much easier to do than it looks 'on paper,' and the results are tremendous, best of luck to you.
"Good morning, this is your Higher Power speaking. I will not be needing your help today."
Brock
Forums Coordinator

Return to Guest Book