This site seems moribund, frankly.

All visitors are invited to "sign" the guest book.

Re: This site seems moribund, frankly.

Postby D'oh » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:39 am

Words like "Moribund" in the title of a thread may have something to do with it.

I have been around the program a lot of years, and yes I did go out and try again, finding only that I am indeed Powerless. But I believe that 1 sure way to have someone move on is to believe that they are not on the same level of intellect. Many that need help might open this site and find nothing in common with how they are feeling at the time.
D'oh
Forums Long Timer

Postby Brock » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:09 pm

But I believe that 1 sure way to have someone move on is to believe that they are not on the same level of intellect.

I mentioned this in the past, the site may not be like a live meeting, but we should expect a similar audience, computers are used at all educational levels. A member said this the other day -
I can say that some of the posters here seem to have a lot of time on their hands and a thesaurus near by.
"Good morning, this is your Higher Power speaking. I will not be needing your help today."
Brock
Forums Coordinator

Postby clouds » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:04 am

No.3, choose peace man.

yoir interest in the YP topic's inspired me to stop over there a bit more often.
I may have something to offer as the youngest person inAA of a large midwestern city at my firwt meeting, way before they invented YP meetings tho. I had to figure it out myself whether I was done for or not where alcohol was concerned.
" Burn the idea into the consciousness of every man that he can get well regardless of anyone. The only condition is that he trust in God and clean house." page 98 A.A.
clouds
Trusted Servant

stats

Postby No.3 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:49 pm

Words like "Moribund" in the title of a thread may have something to do with it.

I don't see YP threads with words like "Moribund" in the title - what do you mean? Hmm...
Well I've neverposted on the YP branch - you can't blame ME it's moribund lol! Impute yourself, if you've been party here a long awhile; I've not.

By the numbers, my OPs elsewhere get considerable interest and replies, even factoring out my stalkers lol It looks like my OPs got an average of 300+ views and 27 Replies; compared to other OPs in the same forums same time frame that's generated considerable interest.

Total members 8,219
is 165 pages ; sorted by post, we can see 4,450 registered users (89 pages) are Newcomers who never posted (or got zapped)... I'm guessing the vast majority were commercial spammers (>75%) Since 2000 - 15 YEARS AGO?! - there are only ~300 posters who have posted more often than I have (~100 posts)? That's tumbleweeds, YES.
Last edited by No.3 on Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The Group demands total loyalty to the inner group. Some have had to leave the movement because of the Groups' demands which conflict with truth or duty." The Oxford Groups by Herbert H. Henson, 1933, pages 73-74.
No.3
Forums Enthusiast

Postby PaigeB » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:22 pm

Love and tolerance of other is our code.

We ceased fighting everyone and everything...
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby PaigeB » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:59 am

Glad you made this "disappear" for the boards... pretty sure that No. 3 is in league with Service - today he even posted
"serious questions deserve serious answers"
I caught the same "voice" in both of them

sheesh
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby ann2 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:10 am

They think that we are some authority figure. The idea that they "deserve answers" puts us in some position of providing answers, which places them in a child-like relationship to us.

This is why we stick to tradition 5. That's all that guides us and that's all that we need for direction.
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada
ann2
Forums Old Timer

See top post, this page

Postby No.3 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:58 am

Tosh wrote:I'm not sure why No3 is talking about LSD in terms of using it recreationally; it was thought to have helpful medical properties

Hi Tosh,
Yeah I didn't understand that post either; see third quote. So far as I know, Belladonna was never a known recreational drug (some idiot will always prove the exception), choral and goof balls were addressed, so that leaves LSD. By inference, LSD is the only drug we all know was "recreational." My OP and none of my other replies were "about" LSD either - one or two very brief mentions aside.

Bill W's therapeutic experimentation w/ LSD was ~20 years after he stopped drinking, a phase lasting a few years. In this period, Bill W. was also dogged by rumors of using pills (I presume psych meds) so his fandom for LSD became scandalous in the Fellowship: "See, Bill is doing drugs!" (Most had no clue what LSD was, then, but enough of them had abused pills or narcotics by the mid-1950s.) Ernie Kurtz said that AA tried to censor this public revelation (of Founder's LSD use) in his publication; he bravely refused! Not that Kurtz is the last word on the subject either; he got sober w/ my sponsor but relapsed. I appreciate his groundbreaking history though - you're only as sick as your secrets! - and he died last year.
"The Group demands total loyalty to the inner group. Some have had to leave the movement because of the Groups' demands which conflict with truth or duty." The Oxford Groups by Herbert H. Henson, 1933, pages 73-74.
No.3
Forums Enthusiast

Previous

Return to Guest Book