art therapy student

All visitors are invited to "sign" the guest book.

art therapy student

Postby Meza424 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:35 pm

I am a graduate art therapy student, and am currently enrolled in addictions counseling. One of our assignments is to attend 2 recovery meetings. I have limited experience with AA. I chose this site as one of my experiences because of the accessibility to its users, not only in its use but for maintenance, crisis, and support. I appreciated that it states an openness to those who are interested in learning more about AA and its benefits, and not just addicts. I think this allows for the opportunity for better understanding for those who are addicts, or for those who know someone who is coping with addiction. I just wanted to thank you for the opportunity to learn more about what you go through, so that I can help others just like you some day. Keep strong and know that you have support, even in the darkest corners.
Meza424
Forums Newcomer

Re: art therapy student

Postby PaigeB » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:03 am

Here is a link to our "Stories" page!

I do think that you would miss out if you did not attend a couple of "Open" AA meetings though. I find there is something about face to face that is rather magical! http://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/find-aa-resources
Find you state and follow the links until you find a meeting in your area!

Please take a look at our Big Book. The first 164 page are our basic text, outlining the Steps and there is a section following that with more stories of alcoholics. As you may know, we share our experience, strength and hope with each other so that we may solve our common problem. Also read The Doctor's Opinion in the fore-pages.
Here is the Big Book online:http://www.aa.org/assets/en_US/aa-literature/b-1-alcoholics-anonymous

Thank you for your interest in our program. Please let us know if you have any questions.
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Return to Guest Book