32 years sober and home alone

All visitors are invited to "sign" the guest book.

32 years sober and home alone

Postby Gordie H » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:26 am

Just signing the guest book. I can't get to many AA meetings now as my wife is beginning the journey through Alzheimer's and should not be left alone. Hoping to make some contact to AA on line.
Gordie H
Forums Newcomer

Re: 32 years sober and home alone

Postby Tosh » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:34 am

Welcome to the forum, Gordie; we've often got lots of topics on the go and there's often a steady stream of newcomers too. I'm a mere n00b compared to yourself at six-years-sober, but this forum got me to my first A.A. meeting which led, with some trials and tribulations to my recovery.

I'm glad you're here and I look forward to reading some of your input in the other posts.

And because I'm nosy, can I ask you where you're from? We're quite a diverse group here. I'm a Geordie (someone from North East England), though due to my alcoholism, I live in South East Wales, but we all have our crosses to bear.

Regards

Tosh
Come, come, whoever you are. Wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving. It doesn't matter. Ours is not a caravan of despair. Come, even if you have broken your vows a thousand times. Come, yet again, come, come.” Rumi (No sniggering from the sex addicts)
Tosh
Forums Old Timer

Postby Niagara » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:39 am

Hello and welcome Gordie :)

If you go through http://www.e-aa.org/talk.php, there are online meetings as well as the forums we have here. I come here daily - it's a vital part of my recovery, and where I started within AA.

Sorry to hear about your wife.

Best wishes to you both and hope to see you around :)

32 years is a long time sober, feel free to post your story - I for one would love to hear it!

Niagara
If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month -
Theodore Roosevelt
Niagara
Forums Old Timer

Postby Layne » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:51 am

Hi Gordie. Welcome. I wound up here when I moved to an island with no AA meetings. I still desired to maintain contact with fellow travelers and found this to be a great place to do that. A few years later, this forum is still fulfilling that facet very well for me. Glad you found us.
Layne
Forums Old Timer

Postby PaigeB » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:33 am

Welcome Gordie. As with all AA meeting places I am sure you will find many here to identify with and many to help. I look forward to having you around!
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby johnd » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:57 pm

Welcome Gordie.

Glad you found us... Hope to see some posts and shares from you... Sorry about your wife... We are here for you 24/7 always someone online.... I found this site in 2011. I am just 3 weeks away from my 29th anniversary... I can't believe how fast the time went... I remember just trying to get through the day :lol: .. Lots of Good friends here. Hope to talk soon... John D.
Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans- Anonymous
johnd
Forums Long Timer

Postby D'oh » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:24 am

Gord hey hang in there. My first Online post.

Seriously, after 15 years of good, really good sobriety, I stopped feeling the need for meetings and the fellowship of the program and stopped going to meetings.

Well life continued on, with a vengeance. And 7 years later I am back, grabbing everything I can from the meetings. Jobless but I have everything that I need to get by.

I have been doing a meeting a day, and now have found this forum to help me through the day.

Listening to speaker tapes. For alcoholics alcohol is only 15% of the problem. Living life is 85% of the problem. That's where God and the Fellowship come into play.
D'oh
Forums Long Timer

Postby Tommy-S » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:26 pm

Welcome Gordie,

Glad you found this. I would also suggest GSO's Loners-Internationalists Meeting (LIM). They have been helpful during various times in my sobriety, when I sailed on a ship, or when I was in Iraq. More info can be found on the AA website, hopefully this link will work:

http://www.aa.org/assets/en_US/smf-123_en.pdf

Thanks... Tommy
Together, we don't have to cave in or wimp out to that Fatal First One, no matter what today!
Tommy-S
Forums Old Timer

Postby Redflier » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:53 pm

You're a good man, Gordie H. Good luck to you. I hope you can find some suitable "interlocutors" on here.
Redflier
Forums Enthusiast

Return to Guest Book