Hi group! Just wanted to introduce myself.

All visitors are invited to "sign" the guest book.

Hi group! Just wanted to introduce myself.

Postby FullFlightKY » Fri May 29, 2015 9:12 pm

Hello, I'm Jeremy and I'm an alcoholic (& addict).

I am from Louisville where I have spent most of the last year and a half in and out of a recovery center and the rooms of AA. I completed the recovery center last summer... I was brand new to the whole AA scene and thought I had a good grasp of the program but I realized once I hit life on life I was wrong. I had a sponsor, who I dropped my 5th with, who I only talked to when I seen him at meetings (which I thought was enough). I had no home group, a decent support group I met in recovery, I still had trouble with the higher power aspect even tho I felt like I had a few spiritual experiences I hadn't had that awakening, I was willing to believe but I still struggled with letting go of old ideas. As soon as life became tough I ran back to the ease and comfort. After being back in recovery I realized that I didn't forget what I was taught and realized that my relapse was beneficial because it basically proved that the book was written about me. I don't recommend anyone relapsing but I am grateful for what I had to go through and where it has lead me. I have been spiritually high for over the last month and a half since I walked back into detox and have been able to look at every struggle I have experienced as a learning experience and able to look at my part in every situation. I can't express the gratitude I have for this program, the recovery center for allowing me to return and my brothers/sisters unconditional love and welcoming me back with open arms. I have gratitude for having a new sponsor that I talk to on a daily basis and the assignments that him and the recovery center have given me to keep me thinking and helping me lift the fog. It means a lot. I'm not perfect, made a few mistakes since I have returned but I know it's progress, not perfection.

I love this forum, I read it on a daily basis. I love reading the insight from AA members around the globe (outside of my city). I thank you all.
"I will forever remain humble because I know I could have less. I will always be grateful because I know I've had less."
FullFlightKY
Forums Enthusiast

Re: Hi group! Just wanted to introduce myself.

Postby PaigeB » Sat May 30, 2015 1:00 am

Jeremy I am super glad you found us and decided to post! Keep coming back!
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby Duke » Sat May 30, 2015 3:51 am

Thanks for sharing that Jeremy. Welcome to the forum.
"If you are humble nothing will touch you, neither praise nor disgrace, because you know what you are.", Mother Teresa
Duke
Forums Old Timer

Postby Brock » Sat May 30, 2015 6:13 am

Nice post Jeremy I enjoyed reading it, as one who has slipped I was able to identify, the section from the book “As Bill Sees It,” which was used in the daily reflection a few days ago makes sense – “Our spiritual and emotional growth in A.A. does not depend so deeply upon success as it does upon our failures and setbacks. If you will bear this in mind, I think that your slip will have the effect of kicking you upstairs, instead of down.”

You spoke about being “spiritually high” for a while, for me the spiritual solution was the answer along with the steps, when an unwanted life event threatened to set me back speaking to my higher power saw me through. I have been called a big book thumper a couple of times which I don’t mind, don’t think a bible thumper would be welcomed around here and I am not one, but Bill was a fellow who studied the bible, heard a preacher Joyce Myer say this as I was passing the TV the other day and it makes sense to me, from proverbs 24:16 >>>----->
“The godly may trip seven times, but they will get up again. But one disaster is enough to overthrow the wicked.”

Thanks again for your post and best of luck to you.
"Good morning, this is your Higher Power speaking. I will not be needing your help today."
Brock
Forums Coordinator

Postby whipping post » Sat May 30, 2015 6:53 am

Glad you're here!
whipping post
Forums Contributor

Return to Guest Book