Im an Alcoholic Narcotic Addict

All visitors are invited to "sign" the guest book.

Im an Alcoholic Narcotic Addict

Postby wheredoistart2015 » Mon May 11, 2015 7:47 am

I am a 40 yr old female with Crohns Disease recently divorced . i've been an addict since the age of 12 when i was allowed to marry a 19 yr old man. its legal here. Id rather not say where. Im a recurring addict had multiple surgeries due to Crohns and now i'm :? an alcoholic and its tearing my tummy up, also im bulimic. Guess im just a freakin mess huh. That's why i don't know where to start.
messed up
wheredoistart2015
Forums Newcomer

Re: Im an Alcoholic Narcotic Addict

Postby PaigeB » Mon May 11, 2015 11:49 am

http://www.aa.org/ offers literature and contacts to Alcoholics Anonymous all over the world.

If you think you need help beyond AA you can google findtreatment.samhsa .gov find one near you

In the US, Congress established the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) in 1992 to make substance use and mental disorder information, services, and research more accessible. But they may be able to help you find treatment anywhere in the world.

It is but a start. We all live this journey for the rest of our lives. We are never cured of alcoholism, we have but a daily reprieve from alcohol. Sometimes our members have other issues that also require attention and we are open to them seeking such assistance. Have you tried talking to your family doctor? They may have information that is more personalized than what we can offer here in the internet.

That being said, we DO invite you to stay with us here at e-aa! Feel free to read and post as you desire. Ask questions and perhaps join our women's forum where some more sensitive issues can be discussed. We do adhere to the tradition of keeping our discussions to topics as they relate to alcoholism - but really, for alcoholics, that is a very wide topic of discussion.

I am glad you found us on the vastness of the Web and hope you come back soon.
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby Niagara » Mon May 11, 2015 1:39 pm

Hello and welcome :)

I found relief from my alcoholism with AA, but I can only echo what paige has said regarding the other stuff.

I hope you find at least some relief here - look forward to reading you :)
If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month -
Theodore Roosevelt
Niagara
Forums Old Timer

Postby ann2 » Mon May 11, 2015 8:44 pm

Somebody recommended AA to me when I was having trouble with an illegal substance. I knew alcohol was a factor but I didn't think of it as a problem -- drinking was after all legal. In AA meetings I started to understand that drinking isn't necessary, which was a huge revelation. After taking the steps I understood that I was alcoholic and anything else was just a substitute.

For me, physical problems were always secondary to my spiritual illness, alcoholism. I knew I could die anytime, sick or no. The state of my body wouldn't be so important then, but the state of my soul would.

Have you got a copy of the Big Book? You can read it online here http://www.aa.org/bigbookonline

We have a system for treating our spiritual illness called the 12 steps. We talk about it a lot together. Please check out our forum on the twelve steps and do a little reading in the step 1 topic. viewtopic.php?f=12&t=842

Hope to keep reading you :)

Ann
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Return to Guest Book