Hi all, newly registered.

All visitors are invited to "sign" the guest book.

Hi all, newly registered.

Postby Stephen1477 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:22 am

Hi, I'm Stephen.

Thanks for this site. Sometimes I don't want to speak to people in the real world although I know how important it is. Sites like this do give me comfort knowing that there are people out there giving advice for people still struggling. As I am today. Just want to get through today without drinking.
Stephen1477
Forums Newcomer

Re: Hi all, newly registered.

Postby positrac » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:49 am

Stephen1477 wrote:Hi, I'm Stephen.

Thanks for this site. Sometimes I don't want to speak to people in the real world although I know how important it is. Sites like this do give me comfort knowing that there are people out there giving advice for people still struggling. As I am today. Just want to get through today without drinking.

Welcome and know you help us as much as we can help you and growth can be a wee nasty and yet it opens doors in life.

Cheers.
You must live your life from beginning to end: No one else can do it for you.
Hopi Proverb
positrac
Forums Old Timer

Postby Hanna » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:32 am

Hello Stephen,
I'm happy you found us. This is a great place to share your thoughts and feelings. Each of us has been where you are now. I never thought I was going to be able to get through the 1st day with out a drink. When I faced those urges I came here and read the stories in the "Our Stories" section of this site, reading the personal stories gave me hope that I too could be free of the bondage of alcohol and actually live a peaceful life.
The suggestions that helped me most were to keep busy doing things that were bothering me. Like all the piled up mail on my desk, so I started just throwing away junk mail and voila I could see my desk, before I knew it time had passed and so did the thought of a drink It spurred me on to tackle another thing that was gnawing at me. Move a muscle, change a thought, it worked.
Whatever you do remember, it's the 1st drink that is the fatal one.
Sending prayers your way, keep posting we get through this together~
Hanna
We will comprehend the word serenity and we will know peace
Hanna
Forums Long Timer

Postby zteknik » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:09 pm

Welcome Stephen!
Bob alcoholic
This site is a great place to be with like minded individuals.
I often find myself described in many of the posts and I quite often find solutions to my problems in them as well.
But nothing comes close to attending real time meetings. That's where the real miracles happen.
Don't drink,go to meetings one day at a time.
zteknik
Forums Enthusiast

Return to Guest Book