Urgent Help required

All visitors are invited to "sign" the guest book.

Urgent Help required

Postby Eddy(D) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:50 am

Hi there,
My names Eddy and I'm an alcoholic.
I've recently moved to Southern Alentejo in Portugal and I am in desperate need for some help to get back on track within the fellowship,
After 23 years of of not drinking I have picked up again,
The nearest meeting to me is some 120kms from where I live so getting to them is almost impossible.
The nearest main town to me is Beja and I am desperate to find like-minded people within the proximity to enable me to get back into recovery.
Thank you for your time
Eddy(D)
Forums Newcomer

Re: Urgent Help required

Postby Tommy-S » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:13 am

Welcome Eddy,

Glad you made it back. I'm sure more will join in on welcoming you. As you know, you're not alone anymore.

If you haven't already, here's the GSO Spain number Main: ( 34)985-566345... I would suggest giving them a call and see if there are any other Loners in your area.

Also, you can contact GSO New York. They have a confidential Loners - Internationalists Meeting in print they mail out. (Loners are those with no meetings near them, Internationalists are Sea-Going AAs). I have qualified as both throughout my time in AA, first as a sailor, and then while in Iraq, and in subscribing to the LIM, found a way to help stay sober when I was 'off the grid' of regular meetings. GSO LIM desk is: lim@gso.org

(This link @ GSO New York will give you more info on LIM: http://www.aa.org/assets/en_US/smf-123_en.pdf )

Keep it in the day... Thanks

Tommy
Together, we don't have to cave in or wimp out to that Fatal First One, no matter what today!
Tommy-S
Forums Old Timer

Postby positrac » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:24 am

Tommy, your a good egg as you have the goods to assist those in need and that is a very cool to know how you've been able to reach out and lend a hand.

Thanks for your efforts.
You must live your life from beginning to end: No one else can do it for you.
Hopi Proverb
positrac
Forums Old Timer

Postby Hanna » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:02 am

Welcome back Eddyd, glad you found us. This forum is an intergral part of my recovery, please browse the topics and feel the hope seep back into you. We are all here to help each other, we are here for you~
Hanna
We will comprehend the word serenity and we will know peace
Hanna
Forums Long Timer

Postby maurits » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:17 am

Eddy(D) wrote:I am desperate to find like-minded people within the proximity to enable me to get back into recovery.

hi eddy,
i have met AAs in unexpected places,
hope that you also find support nearby,
take care
maurits
Forums Enthusiast

Postby Michelle9052 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:08 pm

Hello there Eddy

I do not know you but from your post I already like you.

But please do not feel you need to be with someone in person to help you through your relapse. There are many Forums like this and sponsors you can find to help you. Even using Skype.

I wish you all the best.

P.S I wish i had the weather you have right now :-)
Michelle9052
Forums Newcomer

Return to Guest Book