An introduction and transission.

All visitors are invited to "sign" the guest book.

An introduction and transission.

Postby deepstorage » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:27 pm

I'll begin by saying I am in a relationship with an alcoholic and I am seeking an alanon home group. I've been reading a twelve step book, the big book, and an inspirational book. I've started working the steps without a group, but with a sponsor. I'm very new and feel the need to be cautious with my partner regarding the program and our personal experiences in it. That said I joined for two reasons. I've had some rather unconventional speed bumps in my road the past 2 years and found myself at a breaking point twice with emotional breakdowns doing things completely out of character, also I want to better understand what my partner is battling in her life and what my part is in this struggle.

So that said I am very excited to be a part of this community and use what tools are at hand to their fullest capacity. Thank you.
deepstorage
Forums Newcomer

Re: An introduction and transission.

Postby Stepchild » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:38 pm

Welcome to the site...I am a recovered alcoholic...There is hope for us. But it makes me happy to see you doing things to better your life. I'm glad you are here....And you are doing what you are doing.
Stepchild
Forums Old Timer

Postby ann2 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:17 am

Hi! I think you'll be happy you went to the trouble to find Al-Anon. Online there are several options, see this page

http://al-anon.alateen.org/electronic-meetings

Identifying with each others' experiences is a powerful way in to the healing that taking the steps provides. Listen at the meetings and see if the thoughts and feelings described echo your own. For me, listening to an alcoholic share is a sure way to get past my denial and give hope.

Ann
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Postby PaigeB » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:28 pm

We even have a thread called The Family Afterward...
viewforum.php?f=21

Hope you get to some meeting online or in face soon. They really helped me to know there were others who knew precisely what I was going through!
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Return to Guest Book