can I really stay sober for the rest of my life?

All visitors are invited to "sign" the guest book.

Re: can I really stay sober for the rest of my life?

Postby positrac » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:18 am

chrisgeb77 wrote:This I probably the hardest thing I've done in my life I keep thinking to my self just one won't hurt, it's constant battle of wil, but I know I will never be just the one, one is never enough for an alcoholic can I stay sober for the rest of my life. But being on this forum has made me realise I'm not the only alcoholic in the world

oi you can do it and it is a slow start and one day you wake up and see that this achievement is not a selfish deal and done strictly by you. We all have been in your tracks and we can help some, although you have to give it a go and change.

You are a gift to us as we are reminded of our start and we are no better than you and please never forget this as if you do it might wind you up on the piss. We are a gift to you as we are the hope you have wondered about.

I can say the hardest part of my early sobriety as I lived with a large Royal Marine Company and I stayed with my Irish brothers and it was a challenge to keep my mind clear and yet not hurt peoples feelings. Eventually they figured out I wasn't on the piss and they gave me a lot of grief. I told them I would have a sever reaction that could kill me and they eventually left me alone as I was one of the resident yanks.

So what I am saying is if you can change People, Places and Things you can start over and remember HALT------> Hungry, Angry, Lonely, and Tired as these will drive you crazy and this is a balancing act.

And lastly if you got humor then you'll one day appreciate this one: All the money you spent on booze you'll learn to spend on something else and I reckon it balances out in the end.

Stay strong and remember we are here and you ain't alone mate.

Cheers
You must live your life from beginning to end: No one else can do it for you.
Hopi Proverb
positrac
Forums Old Timer

Re: can I really stay sober for the rest of my life?

Postby IllustratedMum » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:12 pm

Wow...as a very fresh newbie to sobriety your words were like pure gold to me, positrac. I hope Chris gets the same feelings of warmth and positivity as I did.
IllustratedMum
Forums Enthusiast

Previous

Return to Guest Book