im Bob and I am new at this online meeting. Help me?

All visitors are invited to "sign" the guest book.

im Bob and I am new at this online meeting. Help me?

Postby srfrbob0320 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:54 pm

hello my name is Bob and I am an alcoholic who's a long-term member of aa but have been a chronic relapser for 14 years after 10 years sobriety. Any suggestions on how to get in touch with a meeting in progress?
srfrbob0320
Forums Newcomer

Re: im Bob and I am new at this online meeting. Help me?

Postby PaigeB » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:25 pm

Hi Bob! Welcome! We are here 24/7 at the Forums boards, but e-aa also has live chat and email meetings! you can check into them here...
http://www.e-aa.org/talk.php
I am sure a couple of the guys will be along soon... We also have a Men's Forum, they can get ya set up with that too!

I am glad you found us. Each day - and only that day - is a miracle for a alkie that stays sober. Don't worry too much about the slippage, just get back on the broad highway with us and get to working the Steps! That is what I did after I told a 17 year bender to the edge of poor health and insanity. Then I got back to face to face meetings and eventually found e-aa. I have been here almost every day since then!

Keep comin' back. We have Hope for today!
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby srfrbob0320 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:32 pm

Hi Paige andthank you so much for replying. This is my first time online so bear with me. What's a good place to start I haven't had a drink in 2 weeks thank God and AA but I'm going through severe ex girlfriend withdrawals!! is there a forum that deals with this type of pain of losing somebody that you love so much but that's so bad for your sobriety? I really need to talk to like minded people right now because I'm so so tired of thinking of her constantly. Its really wearing on my sobriety
srfrbob0320
Forums Newcomer

Postby PaigeB » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:41 pm

Here is the get help now link to Online Intergroup... a group of online groups. They have a committee of people that can help through email with specific questions that maybe don't need to be on a Forum... stuff posted here stays here, lol. Use this form to contact them:
http://aa-intergroup.org/urgent/index.php
e-aa also has a temporary sponsorship program, which will set you up one to one with another sobe male, just fill out the form at:
http://www.e-aa.org/help.php

People come & go from the forums throughout the day and the link above should provide you with a schedule of the live chat meetings... depending on where you live, it will like be morning in US time zones.
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby srfrbob0320 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:56 pm

thank you very much paige you really help me I appreciate your help god bless!!
srfrbob0320
Forums Newcomer

Postby ann2 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:11 am

Welcome Bob!

I'm Ann, an alcoholic and AA member who found e-AA after moving to Finland and starting a family. Getting to AA meetings was very dufficult, but being online here was a wonderful supplement. In fact, I learned so much about AA's recovery method and the fellowship I never knew before, and made friends all over the world.

I hope you stick around and explore our topics and shares, post your responses and questions, and make use of us. We are a real AA group and eager to share the solution that has meant so much to us.

Ann
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Postby Duke » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:25 am

Welcome Bob. I've been around AA for a long time, and the one thing I haven't seen is someone recover without participating. Oh, sometimes people sober up for a while, but recover? Not so much.

Anyway, I've made this forum a daily contact of mine for a few years now. As Ann said, it's sort of like having a continuous meeting available to me every day. I consider several folks here (none of whom I've ever met face to face) to be among some of my most valued AA contacts.

I highly recommend you make it a part of your routine as well. I think you'll find it a welcoming place to bring your issues regarding recovery that will allow you to tap into a wealth of experience.

Hope to see more of you.
"If you are humble nothing will touch you, neither praise nor disgrace, because you know what you are.", Mother Teresa
Duke
Forums Old Timer

Postby IllustratedMum » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:03 pm

Hi Bob, I'm new as well, 16 days sober. I don't have much to say other than that! Just wanted you to have another friendly welcome. :D
IllustratedMum
Forums Enthusiast

Postby chrisgeb77 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:50 pm

Hi bob welcome
chrisgeb77
Forums Enthusiast

Return to Guest Book