help?

All visitors are invited to "sign" the guest book.

help?

Postby BrandishABC » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:38 pm

I cant stop… :( I dont know how.. I have tried. I want to… This is destroying me. Everything about me.
BrandishABC
Forums Newcomer

Re: help?

Postby avaneesh912 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:21 pm

Visit a local AA meeting. Also start reading the book Alcoholics anonymous. Find a compatible sponsor and start working the 12 steps.
Show him, from your own experience, how the peculiar mental condition surrounding that first drink prevents normal functioning of the will power (Alcoholics Anonymous, Page 92)
avaneesh912
Trusted Servant

Postby Niagara » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:58 pm

Hi and welcome Brandish

Avaneesh is right on the money

http://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/alcoholics-anonymous

There's a link to the online version of the big book

coming off the booze suddenly can be dangerous, so might be an idea to speak with your doctor too

Best wishes - you're in the right place x
If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month -
Theodore Roosevelt
Niagara
Forums Old Timer

Postby Hanna » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:14 pm

Welcome here, we have been where your are. Their is a solution and it works. I hit bottom 2 years ago and thought I was hopeless, until I came here. I got the encouragement here to go to a meeting and when I needed help I came here at all hours of the day and night, I didn't sleep well those first few weeks. I read the BB and took the steps and my life has changed, I feel hopeful and happy most days.
Stick around, I'm glad I did. You can do this, just take it one day at a time. In the begining sometimes I had to take it a minute at a time. Sending prayers your way, you can do this.
Keep posting,
Hanna
We will comprehend the word serenity and we will know peace
Hanna
Forums Long Timer

Postby Tommy-S » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:22 pm

Hi Brandish,

AA is full of people like yourself who were once as powerless to stop as you are... I'm one of them.

Get in touch with your local AA Hotline... you can find AA in your area through the AA main site, www.aa.org.

Make the phone call...it's Free & Confidential.

Thanks... Tommy
Together, we don't have to cave in or wimp out to that Fatal First One, no matter what today!
Tommy-S
Forums Old Timer

Return to Guest Book