Hello from Mid-Michigan

All visitors are invited to "sign" the guest book.

Hello from Mid-Michigan

Postby davebaycity » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:36 am

Hi all - At work and sort of in a funk lately. Thought I'd spend a little time online. Maybe this will help my spirits.

I have 1 year sober (July 2nd). It's been an incredible journey from where I used to be, what I thought was normal, through my accident, jail, stopping drinking, AA, courts, Divorce, lawyers, fees, smiling, financial blessings. I'm 41 and feel that I've screwed up the past 15 years of my life....now playing catch-up. And figuring out what type of man I want to be, how do I want to live.

Still have "issues" with certain things.... Just chose buying tickets to our area minor league baseball team (the Loons) over going to a Tigers game. The thoughts of just parking in Detroit gives me anxiety!

Happy to be sober. Happy to have found AA before the judge sentenced me to go. Happy that my son will no longer see his dad drunk again.

Dave
davebaycity
Forums Newcomer

Re: Hello from Mid-Michigan

Postby ann2 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:06 am

Hello Dave,

Thanks for your share, nice to read you. I come here for a lift a lot, especially today. I did something really stupid at work that is going to make us wait for a payment, and when I realized it yesterday I was so upset. Just incredibly upset. My husband pointed out that I had just come back from an overseas flight and that I was worried about the kids, who were sick, which helped, since he is my boss as well. But today I'm in the office seeing the effects of my error and just kicking myself mentally every second about.

I am not sure I have issues -- I think I have what life brings, along with my own brand of erring humanity. At any rate, knowing these folk are here helps.

Ann
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Postby Duke » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:04 am

Welcome Dave. The one thing I know for sure is that I simply cannot gain the perspective I need by solitary contemplation. I need to share. I'm glad you'll be joining us in that process.
"If you are humble nothing will touch you, neither praise nor disgrace, because you know what you are.", Mother Teresa
Duke
Forums Old Timer

Postby davebaycity » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:51 am

Thanks Duke and Ann.

Now just starting this - I'm taking a vacation and probably won't be online for a week to see / read anything on here. Still going to be going to my meetings though. They have always made me feel better....don't know why, but they do.

Anyway...thank you and have a great weekend.
davebaycity
Forums Newcomer

Return to Guest Book