righting my future

All visitors are invited to "sign" the guest book.

righting my future

Postby bradozz » Tue May 27, 2014 10:59 am

Hi everyone, my name is brad and Im an alcoholic. Just joined the online group, 50 days sober, kickin it one day at a time! Hope to meet and greet the online folks.
bradozz
Forums Enthusiast

Re: righting my future

Postby Squawking Hawk » Tue May 27, 2014 11:19 am

Welcome Brad, glad you are here. Fifty days is great.

Hawk
Ms. Hawk

I will never forget
Squawking Hawk
Forums Old Timer

Postby Hanna » Tue May 27, 2014 6:28 pm

Hi Brad,
Welcome here, this is a great site for sharing experience, strength and hope. I like the title of your post "righting my future", that's along the lines of the promise I made to myself when I took step 1 almost 2 years ago. So far I am closer and closer to living the life I imagined for myself, got here by taking the steps. Congratulations on 50 days, that is great! Stick around and tell us about yourself. I'm Hanna I found this site on my 1st sober day, ( I didn't know I had already taken my last drink when I signed on here), the people here are pretty amazing at knowing how to help another alcoholic.
Keep posting, see around the forums~
Hanna
We will comprehend the word serenity and we will know peace
Hanna
Forums Long Timer

Postby ann2 » Wed May 28, 2014 2:46 am

Hanna wrote:I like the title of your post "righting my future

Oh I liked it too!

I saw that drinking was going to interfere with any plans I made for myself. As I got sober and started applying the steps to my life, my plans became less important . . . safe to say that they were just things to think about while my higher power got me situated. I mean, I felt, as an adult, I had to have a plan ( :roll: :) :lol: ) but it was just something to do. Life was happening and taking over :)

But maybe I should get back to that planning, because the way Life is going I don't have a minute to breathe! I have two gorgeous daughters I want to nourish and enjoy. I have an energetic, smart and ambitious husband who I want to support and love. I have AA that i want to invest in daily. I have an incredible mother that I want to shower appreciation upon as long as I have the opportunity.

It all starts with sobriety. It all happens because of you. Thank you.

Ann
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Postby PaigeB » Wed May 28, 2014 9:25 am

I wanted to jump right in and fix it all and be done! I thought that is what I would see when I saw you title!

This does give me the opportunity to wish you one sober day after the other! Remember, you can't stay sober today based on yesterday's actions!

Oh and I learned... No expectations. :lol:
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby bradozz » Wed May 28, 2014 1:41 pm

Thanks so much for the words and support. I hit my groups everyday and twice on Thursdays. The closeness and honesty Ive been afforded to find in he AA community is awesome. The group here in my town is small, at 44 Im the youngest. Hope to keep hearing from you all 8) :!: ONE DAY AT A TIME
bradozz
Forums Enthusiast

Return to Guest Book