First Time poster

All visitors are invited to "sign" the guest book.

First Time poster

Postby esimon » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:46 am

Hi all,
My name is Chuck, and I'm an alcoholic, and new to the site. I should have posted here first, but I responded to another post after lurking for awhile and then signing up. I first stopped drinking after going through rehab in 1987. Was sober for 13 years before thinking I had this licked. What an idiot. Been off and on since then till a couple weeks ago when I went to a meeting or die. Been going to a few meetings since then but yesterday, I had a low alcohol beer, and you can guess what happened. Fortunately I stopped before becoming a total ass. Decided another meeting in order for today. Found this site and decided to use as another tool in sobriety. I have problems going to meeting FTF because of the anxiety I have in groups, but I still will go once in awhile. I think it is easier for me to type my feeling than speak them, so I'll probably use this site more than FTF meetings. There looks to be a great deal to learn from the people omn this site, and I look forward to it. Thank-you in advance.
esimon
Forums Newcomer

Re: First Time poster

Postby Tom S » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:47 pm

Hi Chuck.
Glad to hear your story; some wise, helpful folks here. Occasionally the nuances of the internet intrude but many of us find this a great part of our program. I have made it a piece of my morning routine; it helps me get grounded and connected to something outside of myself. Personally, as well, I need the face to face connection I get at a meeting, even if I don't say a word. But you're getting started and that's the magic bit. If you want what we want, eventually you'll need to do what we do. We're glad you are here.
Tom
Tom S
Forums Long Timer

Re: First Time poster

Postby esimon » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:19 pm

Tom,
Tks for the reply. I too think it will be my moring go to, even if I don't post. I also go to meetings, and sometimes just listen.
esimon
Forums Newcomer

Return to Guest Book