1st post!

All visitors are invited to "sign" the guest book.

1st post!

Postby icantdoitalone420 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:23 pm

Hi Everyone!

My name is Michael. I'm 23 years old and live in San Diego, CA. Sobriety date: 10/24/2012. I came across this site googling aa's opinion on "near-beer" because my dad had some at home and I found myself drinking one, two separate times. I don't believe its a good idea and will no longer be drinking them as I believe it is just teasing myself. I used to talk on car forums and while I go to meetings regularly, I think this website could be a great resource. Just want to introduce myself and make a first post. Great to know this is out there! All the best.

Sincerely,

Michael
icantdoitalone420
Forums Newcomer

Re: 1st post!

Postby Hanna » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:40 pm

Welcome Michael, I'm happy you found us. I too have been sober since 2012, I have come here everyday since. There are a lot of sincere people here always willing to share their experience, strength and hope.
Be sure to visit the discussion forums, there you will find a great deal of fellowship. I look forward to hearing more from you, keep posting~
Hanna
We will comprehend the word serenity and we will know peace
Hanna
Forums Long Timer

Postby Tommy-S » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:24 pm

Welcome Micheal

Glad you're here :)

i never did get the whole near-beer thing... It strikes me as kind of like stopping in the middle of sex... ain't going to do the job, & going to make me wish I never started in the first place.

Today, thanks to AA, I got No reservations... I'm a drunk, Alcohol's a killer, and AA is my answer

Thanks... Tommy
Together, we don't have to cave in or wimp out to that Fatal First One, no matter what today!
Tommy-S
Forums Old Timer

Postby PaigeB » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:17 pm

Glad you found us!
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby icantdoitalone420 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:18 pm

Thanks guys!
icantdoitalone420
Forums Newcomer

Postby John ace » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:01 am

Near beer ? We don't have it in Australia we did have a bear called claytons the slogan was the beer when your not having a beer. It's now became an Australian anacrium for anything that's not quite quality of any thing counterfeit . Anyhow lots of people that stop do the same as you did I use to try out different types of sarsaparilla, I then got into snickers chocolate bars. At the moment I reward my self with cheese n backen balls.
John ace
Forums Enthusiast

Postby Lali » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:39 am

Welcome, Michael! All of the near beers that I know of actually contain about 3% alcohol. So to drink them could very well start the phenomenum of craving which will lead back to the real stuff! So I don't suggest that you drink any more near beers! Glad you are here. E-aa is a great supplement to face to face meetings and there is some really good sobriety here in our group! So pour yourself a virtual cup of coffee and sit back and continue to read and post here! :D
Step 1: I can't
Step 2: He can
Step 3: I think I'll let him
Lali
Forums Old Timer

Return to Guest Book