New to this forum

All visitors are invited to "sign" the guest book.

New to this forum

Postby evelyn01 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:41 pm

Hi everyone,

First day here at the forum, though 4 months sober! Look forward to all the good and informative topics regarding the aa program.

Ev
evelyn01
Forums Newcomer

Re: New to this forum

Postby CGPoolman » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:19 pm

HI Evelyn,

We've met in the online meetings, good to see you here! Welcome.

-CG
CGPoolman
Forums Enthusiast

Postby Lali » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:00 pm

Welcome, evelyn. Im glad you have joined us. Would you like to tell us a little of your story so that we can get to know you better? Also, please feel free to post in the other forums here now that you are no longer a guest!!
Step 1: I can't
Step 2: He can
Step 3: I think I'll let him
Lali
Forums Old Timer

Postby ann2 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:40 am

Ev, awesome to see you here. Thanks for chiming up.

Hugs,

Ann
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Postby chefchip » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:30 am

Hey Evelyn,

Welcome aboard! You've found a great resource to help with your recovery. I found this forum when I was about 5 or 6 months sober myself. I have spent many hours going back through the thousands of posts and topics and learned a lot. And, of course, the new ones are great, too!

I second Lali. When you can, tell us a little about yourself. I look forward to reading more as you decide to share with us here.

Chip
The only constant in life is change.
chefchip
Forums Old Timer

Postby Squawking Hawk » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:39 am

Ev,

Welcome to the e-AA forums. Glad you are here

Hawk
Ms. Hawk

I will never forget
Squawking Hawk
Forums Old Timer

Postby schooner » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:25 pm

Hi Guys & Gals :D

Its about time I get a little transparent after the GOD given gift being into my 38 yr. of this wonderful way of like. Of course that's one day @ a time :mrgreen:
Born & bread in good ol' Brooklyn,NY and now living in Las Vegas with my sweet wife. Miss Brooklyn. However, things and times change.
Hope to be posting and asking questions.
GOD bless you ALL
Schooner :D
schooner
Forums Newcomer

Postby ann2 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:14 am

Welcome to you Schooner! Lovely place, Vegas. Glad you found us and hope to be reading more of you soon!

Ann
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Postby stankovich » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:48 am

Hey folks...im takin an amazing road trip from SF to LAX, down Highway 1 with a friend...Then Bogota Colombia for a month,(no english speaking meetings).Then to NYC for two weeks...then maybe Mexico City or maybe back to Colombia...or perhaps back to SF...WHEW...hope you can figure that all out...ahhhh...ive been in the program for a year and change...but only 3 months clean from marijuana...anyway...im having fun so far....feel like god is with me on this trip...did i mention that im also newly disabled(3yrs)? Attempted suicide by jumping off my fathers four story apt. Building and only lost my leg which...I am told will never grow back...really??
Anyway, was hoping to find a forum to communicate on while im in Bogota...
Yup, and btw...the Cal coast is a wonder...if youve never been...Peace, Stanko
stankovich
Forums Newcomer

Postby Lali » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:40 am

Hey, Stanko, thanks for sharing with us. I love that you want to stay connected to the program & that you will stay in touch with us when you are in a place with no english speaking meeting. So you will be attending meetings in the places that have them? That's fantastic. Welcome aboard and keep sharing with us.
Step 1: I can't
Step 2: He can
Step 3: I think I'll let him
Lali
Forums Old Timer

Postby kenyal » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:31 am

Welcome Stanko. Bogata has a very healthy AA meeting schedule, but I see no all-English meetings...you would likely find a warm welcome at the International AA group, I'd expect some ex-pats there.

INTERNACIONAL AV 32 N 17-31 PISO 3 Lunes a Sabado 6:30am, 12:30 y 7:00pm- Dominfos 10:00am y Festivos 5:00pm.
kenyal
Forums Long Timer

Postby Anry » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:50 pm

hello- 3 days sober and this forum is at the very least 'keeping me from stinkin thinkin' lol :lol:
not sure what to do here- never got the gist of forums so nows a good time to learn. :wink:
im looking for www.e-aa.org/forum =maybe im in it and just dont know?
I have received some emails from people regarding the 4th step - I can see i will also have to get to at least one meeting to get the books again. :)
is there a 'room' where we can chat when ever we feel we need it or we just do the forums bit?
the sign i made myself for my mirrors is 'do you know who you are?' and its helping.

I read before i go to sleep - but often find when i put the book down and turn out the lights my 'head lite' comes on and i think too much and toss and turn. Any advice how to stop that would be greatly appreciated.
Anry
Forums Newcomer

Postby ann2 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:06 pm

Welcome Anry! Glad you found us. Yes this is the place I was telling you about :)

E-aa has a chat room as well -- its link is on this page http://www.e-aa.org/talk.php

As far as sleeping goes, most of us tossed and turned in the early days of sobriety. Avoid caffeine for awhile and let your system recover its own rhythm and cycles again. After the adjustment you'll be glad to have real sleep instead of alcohol-induced unconsciousness.

Congrats on 3 days! Outstanding! Please let us know how it is going!

Ann
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Postby jackie600 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:02 pm

Hi new to this online a a forum, living in southern ireland but from england, 22 years sober a day at a time
jackie600
Forums Newcomer

Postby Duke » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:00 pm

Wow! Welcome everyone. I feel like I just found a long-lost cousin or three. This is a great place to extend your connection. I have several people I've met here that I consider close friends even though we've never met. Ain't technology great?
"If you are humble nothing will touch you, neither praise nor disgrace, because you know what you are.", Mother Teresa
Duke
Forums Old Timer

Next

Return to Guest Book