Day 29

All visitors are invited to "sign" the guest book.

Day 29

Postby MikeH.Lincoln,Ne » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:48 pm

This is not my first time taking a crack at AA and sobriety, however, it is the first time I found a sponsor and earnestly dove into recovery. I have found comfort in going to one meeting everyday. I attend the same meetings every week and am making some fine new acquaintances this way. I only wished I had a way to contact people in between meetings. My sponsor insists on calling others in the program everyday and I see the relevance in this, but I currently have no phone. It can be a real drag when I really feel like reaching out to people. I, for the first time ever, have lost the obsession and cravings to drink. This would not have been possible without first emptying my cup and then filling it with AA. I am grateful to God for the chance to do this again, I am grateful to AA for the support and love that has been given me.
MikeH.
MikeH.Lincoln,Ne
Forums Newcomer

Re: Day 29

Postby Squawking Hawk » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:11 pm

Welcome to e-AA Mike. Glad you are here. Please keep sharing.

Hawk
Ms. Hawk

I will never forget
Squawking Hawk
Forums Old Timer

Re: Day 29

Postby ann2 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:12 pm

Welcome Mike! So glad you are here. I'm in a somewhat different situation -- plenty of phones but bad and expensive connections to be able to speak my native language and a time difference that interferes as well. This online group however offers me many opportunities to share -- for example, there's 12 step answering service I recently got involved with that gives me many chances every day to share with someone.

I also love reading the shares here-- even if I don't post in response I get that feeling of connection.

I really hope to read more of you, and thanks for your post!

Ann
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Return to Guest Book