It isn't easy...

All visitors are invited to "sign" the guest book.

It isn't easy...

Postby kasseycando » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:57 am

Hello,
I am new to AA. I got my 1st DUI in September and went to 2 AA meetings the week before Christmas, "great"! THEN I went to my boyfriends mothers house 8 hours away "not so great", she is retired and has her daily routine at 80 years young she is up and running all day with nap included, lol. After a day of breakfast, shower, apt, shopping, lunch and nap, here comes happy hour. Every day @ 3 pm starts happy hour, so of course we followed the routine, she has 2 to 3 drinks and we have 8 to 10 beers each :(. So, all this time I'm thinking about the meetings. I also even called a girl I met from AA to tell her I messed up, she say try again tomorrow and gives me a few things to do and work on, which one of them is this web site. I've look at it a little while I was away, but now have been up since 4 am and all over. I received a message to go to XA-Speakers.org, I found a great speaker for beginners that talks about step 1 and the beginning of AA it is Sandy B-Saturday Morning Live. It was great and very light and comical :). I recommend all new comers listen to this. I will be listening to it again for sure.
If anyone knows of more new comer speakers please let me know.
Thanks
kasseycando
Forums Newcomer

Re: It isn't easy...

Postby PaigeB » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:01 pm

Hi Kasseycando! Good for you coming here because you were told to! LOL. I got so much out of just doing what I was told to do by my sponsor! I wanted to give you the link to our "live chat" meetings http://www.e-aa.org/chat/eaa_chat_schedule.php and another Forum thread talking about all e-aa has to offer viewforum.php?f=58

Coming here everyday has added a lot to my spiritual awareness! I hope you get as much out of it as I did.
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby ann2 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:54 pm

Welcome! Great to read you! So glad someone gave you our address and please keep
sharing!

Ann
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Postby Memers » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:32 pm

Hi kasseycando,
I just have to say, if it were easy, we'd all have sobriety at the first try. All AA asks is that you have the desire to stop drinking. You might try looking on Youtube, there are many speaker videos uploaded on there. I wish you well. Peace, Memers
Memers
Forums Newcomer

Return to Guest Book