Hello From Hong Kong - International AA's

All visitors are invited to "sign" the guest book.

Hello From Hong Kong - International AA's

Postby amorollo » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:45 pm

Figured I'd join and check this out as another possible source for finding meetings and/or sober people around the globe.

I'm a regular traveler to countries and locations that have no AA and often finding information about new meetings or recovery resoruces is not so easy and I'm always willing to look and ask for help when needed. In the past 2 months I was in Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan and Kurdistan (Iraq) and in a few cities across northern Borneo (Malaysia and Brunei) and meetings were not to be found in any of these locations. In the coming months there's more of travel to non AA areas.

In January I'm heading to Ghana, where it appears that are some AA meetings and then onto Liberia where I am in the process of looking for any recovery related resources there.

Anybody with any knowledge of AA in West Africa (Liberia in particular), please let me know.

Thanks and regards from Hong Kong.

Andrew
amorollo
Forums Newcomer

Re: Hello From Hong Kong - International AA's

Postby chefchip » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:34 am

Good morning, Andrew. No information from me regarding international AA resources. But this is a good place to look, for sure. And I've found e-AA great for those times when I need a meeting outside my face-to-face meetings. Even if no one is here when I am, there are records of plenty of past meetings on about any subject imaginable, including a few that have surprised me! :wink: I saw your other post and love your willingness to carry the message wherever you go, which seems to be everywhere!

Best of luck. And when you have time, tell us some more about yourself.

Chip
The only constant in life is change.
chefchip
Forums Old Timer

Re: Hello From Hong Kong - International AA's

Postby ann2 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:35 pm

Hi Andrew,

The steppers committee of the Online Intergroup of AA gets calls from all over the world. Individual members often keep contact with AArs far and wide who would love a one-on-one meeting (I have been on of those and in fact hooked up with a traveling AAer through this board).

Thank you for your willingness and the email address I pmed you regarding your upcoming travel would probably be the best source for fielding your generous offer. So make yourself available to the contact I gave you and thank you!

Ann
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Return to Guest Book