Kathy from NC (help)

All visitors are invited to "sign" the guest book.

Kathy from NC (help)

Postby kathywho77 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:12 pm

I have been sober for almost three years now but it still seem so hard for me. I am dealing with a lot of anger, free and depression. I feel that I am running around in circles,
kathywho77
Forums Enthusiast

Re: Kathy from NC (help)

Postby ann2 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:18 pm

Dear Kathy, welcome! I am so glad you came here and posted. I needed all the help I could get, at 3 years sober, 17 years, and this morning!

The people here have not steered me wrong. Eventually I ran out of energy to resist their message and just followed their example. What a difference for me between having the desire to drink lifted, and being sober as a result of a spiritual awakening.

I'm still alcoholic and still need help, daily, but when I make the effort amazing things result.

Keep reading and sharing, ask any questions :) good gang here.

Ann
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Postby Hanna » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:29 pm

Hi Kathy,
Welcome here. I'm 17 months sober and at times when I feel uneasy I come here and read the posts and realize that I am not alone. There are people here who will reach out and offer their E,S & H. The bad times do pass and the promises continue to manifest in my life as long as I remain willing to do the work, step work. Stay with us, we get better together.
Keep posting~
Hanna
p.s CONGRATULATIONS ANN, so happy you were here when I arrived, what a hot mess I was!
We will comprehend the word serenity and we will know peace
Hanna
Forums Long Timer

Postby kathywho77 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:16 pm

I another thing that is getting to me I just moved. I lived in a homeless shelter for 2 years. Now that I am on my own i don't have to live with their rules.
kathywho77
Forums Enthusiast

Postby ann2 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:20 am

Kathy, keep reading and posting here! You are not alone!

For real-time contact, use the e-AA chat room www.e-aa.org/chat.php

And subscribe to our women's email meeting! http://lists.eaachat.org/mailman/listinfo/women for some great support and experience shared!

Ann
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Postby Tosh » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:51 am

kathywho77 wrote:I another thing that is getting to me I just moved. I lived in a homeless shelter for 2 years. Now that I am on my own i don't have to live with their rules.

To me that sounds like good news; you've got your independence back; and it sounds as if you've gotten sober in some pretty tough conditions; well done; you sound like a fighter. Respect.

As I've said in a previous post, Ann has made some good suggestions. I'd always suggest a face-to-face sponsor, but if there's no strong ladies in your area, on-line will be good too.

If your living situation is stable (rent paid, bills paid (or just about will do), food in the fridge) then you're in a good place already; you've got some breathing room. As Ann suggested, find an online sponsor and just get stuck into the program.

I can relate to your feelings of anger and I also get a sense that you're feeling a bit lost; maybe life has no meaning; maybe you're feeling lonely. I know these things all too well. The program treats all that stuff. Ann sounds like good sponsor material too. :wink:

And once you've had that spiritual awakening - and you will if you just follow the directions - you can get stuck in sponsoring other ladies. We (they; I'm a bloke) need you!
Come, come, whoever you are. Wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving. It doesn't matter. Ours is not a caravan of despair. Come, even if you have broken your vows a thousand times. Come, yet again, come, come.” Rumi (No sniggering from the sex addicts)
Tosh
Forums Old Timer

Return to Guest Book