Howdy from MD

All visitors are invited to "sign" the guest book.

Howdy from MD

Postby gonzo » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:31 am

Howdy from a soberling living in the Balto/DC corridor. Finally feels like fall! Just found this site after searching for dox on sponsorship, other things. Going to meet with my sponsor tonight to discuss Q/A on Sponsorship AA pamphlet; we usually meet once weekly to go through step work, talk life & sobriety, enjoy company. Often other AA join us, particularly newcomers; one of whom I saw at a meeting last night, said he was going to cancel to attend an anniversary for a friend whose sponsor "wrote a book" on sponsorship, and gave me the AMZN # for it. Found it, but I'm glad my sponsor sticks with the BB mostly, and AA lit almost exclusively; he prefers to keep his material as close to the original as possible.
peace,
gonzo
Chris M.
a.k.a. gonzo, alcoholic math nerd
gonzo
Forums Enthusiast

Re: Howdy from MD

Postby Hanna » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:01 am

Welcome to e-aa, this site is a great resource for AA literature and active discussions. Feel free to browse, ask questions, relate stories. Hope to see you in the forums.
Hanna
We will comprehend the word serenity and we will know peace
Hanna
Forums Long Timer

Postby PaigeB » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:31 am

Hi from Iowa Gonzo! My sponsor is all Big Book too, with the 12&12 of course! It is good. It is how people have stayed sober for nearly 80 years. I also use other books to enhance my personal journey, but the Road to Happy Destiny is in the first 164 of the BB!

Be at ease, not dis-eased! :)
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby ann2 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:54 pm

Welcome, great to read you. I love reading all the stuff but it's the doing that makes a difference :) as I am sure you know.

Hope to read more from you, your get-togethers with sponsor sound like a terrific experience and i would love to hear more.

Thanks for finding us!

Ann
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Return to Guest Book