Newcomer

All visitors are invited to "sign" the guest book.

Newcomer

Postby rabbritt » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:22 am

Last edited by rabbritt on Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never doubt your self worth - You WILL be healthy - You WILL be happy.
rabbritt
Forums Newcomer

Re: Newcomer

Postby PaigeB » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:37 am

Hi Britt. <y name is Paige and I am an alcoholic. Thanks to AA, I haven't found it necessary to take a drink since August 1, 2008.

Did you know our Big Book talks about the different ways we tried to quit on our own? I tried A LOT of them in my drinking days. It is painful to know that we cannot quit... we cannot even regulate! We have what the Doctor's Opinion calls the "phenomena of craving". You will find that in the beginning of this book and also, take a look at Chapter 3. They talk a lot about me in there.

http://www.aa.org/bbonline/

Keep coming back, will you? We are here and we can try to help you the way others helped us.
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby rabbritt » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:56 am

Thank you Paige,
I have not thought into depth about attending meetings yet, but I know that will eventually be a step I need to take.
In a way, I know how bad off I am, but at the same time a part of me must still be in denial because I don't think I'm "that" bad. (mental wars)
Also I have not read the big Book.
I'm pretty new to this but I will definitely look into it.
Thank for your support. My checking out that link now.
I'm here to stay.
rabbritt
Forums Newcomer

Postby ann2 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:33 am

Welcome Brittney :) she said with a sparkle in her eye -- i was 26 when I got to AA and that was 26 years ago. I haven't found it necessary to drink since my first meeting, thanks to the wonderful people and the constant guidance of my higher power, who became real for me in sobriety and through taking the steps.

It was the most miserable time of my life, i think -- even my bottoms, as heinous as they were, were experienced after all through a haze. Getting sober, taking every uncomfortable, fearful second one at a time before finding my way through the steps and freedom -- not for sissies.

And i couldn't have done it -- wouldn't have bothered -- if it weren't for the example and encouragement of AA members. Their special understanding, their knowing laughter, their hugs. The coffee, the cookies, the ciggies bummed.

But it was here online that i got the kick in the butt I needed to study the BB and follow its instructions to a useful, meaningful and rewarding sobriety. And that made all the difference in the world.

Please keep coming here and sharing, it's lovely to have you be a part :D

Ann
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Postby rabbritt » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:34 am

Thank you Ann, everyone on here is so welcoming.

The more I read though the forums, view stories and see how everyone responds to one another, the more I am seeing I need to take the step in obtaining a sponsor/attend AA meetings. I'm a fairly shy person but I know that's it comes with the territory. As someone just recently advised me: In order to stop drinking, you must change everything about your life.
I can't wait to go find The Big Book. I didn't even know it existed before today.

Thank you again for your kind words,
B.
rabbritt
Forums Newcomer

Postby Lali » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:36 pm

Hi, Brittney and welcome to e-aa. We are glad you are here. May I suggest that you check out a meeting? There you can see what you identify with and there you can find a sponsor. To find a meeting in your area, you can google "Alcoholics Anonymous, your city, state". Or look in your local phone book. Congrats on 1 1/2 days. Immersing yourself in the meetings, reading literature at home, and talking to other alkies on the phone, makes the days go faster and reinforces your resolve to not drink again. At least that is how it worked for me. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have of us here at e-aa.
Step 1: I can't
Step 2: He can
Step 3: I think I'll let him
Lali
Forums Old Timer

Postby Lali » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:38 pm

P.S. Feel free to post in any of the other threads from now on - you are no longer a guest!
Step 1: I can't
Step 2: He can
Step 3: I think I'll let him
Lali
Forums Old Timer

Postby Squawking Hawk » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:05 am

Hello Brittany,

So glad you are here.

Hawk
Ms. Hawk

I will never forget
Squawking Hawk
Forums Old Timer

Postby rabbritt » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:04 am

Thank you Lali, and Hawk. Nice to meet you, I will be getting more involved ex: meetings/readings.
Have to potentially keep the mind distracted. Thank you :)
rabbritt
Forums Newcomer

Return to Guest Book