another relapse

All visitors are invited to "sign" the guest book.

another relapse

Postby debroy205 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:34 pm

Hello, my name is Debbie and I am an alcoholic.
I was sober for 2 1/2 years then I started to have one here and there. My last relapse was this past week when I went overboard. I am so ashamed of my self and what I have done to my family and my job status.
I didn't think I needed to keep going to the meetings after a year of sobriety but I sure was wrong. I am starting back up on this week and have my families full support. My husband has been in recovery 3 years next month and am so glad to have him. I will be needing the meetings forever to keep my mind straight. I have let this disease capture me at my most vulnerable times. I respect everyone's comments and happy to have found this site.
debroy205
Forums Enthusiast

Re: another relapse

Postby Hanna » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:46 pm

Welcome back, debbie. So happy you found us, this is a great place to come for ES&H. Keep coming back, we get better together!
Sending prayers your way~
Hanna
We will comprehend the word serenity and we will know peace
Hanna
Forums Long Timer

Postby avaneesh912 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:56 pm

I will be needing the meetings forever to keep my mind straight.

While you are there, try to find a compatible sponsor who wishes to help with the 12 steps. The book says, for permanent recovery, you need a psychic change and you achieve it by working the 12 steps and not just going to meetings.
Show him, from your own experience, how the peculiar mental condition surrounding that first drink prevents normal functioning of the will power (Alcoholics Anonymous, Page 92)
avaneesh912
Trusted Servant

Postby strider » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:21 am

This site is very helpful when you're struggling, Debbie -- it has gotten me through some absolutely unmanageable times through the last months. There is a lot to read, and I hope you can return to us, to it, whenever you need.
strider
Forums Enthusiast

Postby Lali » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:18 am

Welcome, Debbie. We here at e-aa are always happy to hear from people new to this forum. You've gotten some good advice so far, so I won't add to it. I would suggest that in the future you post under the Newcomers or Discussion threads. I almost missed your post because we don't get many posters in the "Guest" thread. :D
Step 1: I can't
Step 2: He can
Step 3: I think I'll let him
Lali
Forums Old Timer

Postby Squawking Hawk » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:08 am

Welcome Debbie, I agree I encourage you to post in the newcomers and/or discussion threads.

Hawk
Ms. Hawk

I will never forget
Squawking Hawk
Forums Old Timer

Postby Mike O » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:22 pm

Go to meetings, BUT...please work the 12 steps.
Mike O
Forums Old Timer

Return to Guest Book