New to on-line A.A.

All visitors are invited to "sign" the guest book.

New to on-line A.A.

Postby Mike D. » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:56 am

Hello everyone, my name is Mike D. and I’m an alcoholic. It’s good to meet some new A.A. friends who are outside of my A.A. circle and I’m looking forward to getting to know all of you. To help you get to know me, I’ll share a little bit about myself here.

As you’ll probably gather, I’m new to online recovery forums like this one, but I’m not new to A.A. In my home group, I’m undoubtedly referred to as one of those “crusty old-timers”. By working the 12 Steps of A.A., last January I celebrated 25 years of happy sobriety. We have an abundance of large and small meetings here in the Midwest, but my home group is pretty big with 140 members – most of them very young and very new. So, there is no shortage of opportunities to do plenty of 12th Step work here. Sponsorship has been a very humbling and gratifying experience for me as I’ve kept myself busy bringing many young folks through the 12 Steps over my years of sobriety. Not only has working with newcomers kept me sober, it has brought me a level of joy that I could never find in a bottle, or anywhere else. Sponsorship has developed a love and compassion within me that I know I wouldn’t have otherwise, and an ever-increasing faith, as I’ve seen God do miracle after miracle.

I’d like to share with you a little bit about what I’ve been doing in the past several years. In 1998 I began to expand my efforts at 12th Step work and reach out to more recovering alcoholics who need help working the Steps. So, along with individual sponsorship, and putting on Step workshops in my area, I have put my years of 12 Step experience into the form of the printed word.

Working Step Eleven eventually led me to write a devotional book entitled “The Healing Rosary” for those in 12 Step Recovery, which I’m told has helped a great number of folks with meditation over the past fifteen years. And, just recently, I have published an ebook entitled “Letting God In – One Alcoholic Talks to Another About A.A.’s Step Four”. This book is derived from my experiences with helping many sponsorees take the action of Step Four, and it addresses a wide variety of the many fear-based questions that people have as they try to begin to work this crucial Step.

One thing I’ve learned in sobriety is that there are many effective and different ways that we all share our experience, strength, and hope with each other. I’m looking forward to learning from all of you in this 12 Step recovery forum. In order to allow you to get to know more about me, please feel free to click on the link to my blogspot. (Link removed per Forum policy) Thank you for letting me share.
Mike D.
Forums Enthusiast

Re: New to on-line A.A.

Postby PaigeB » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:29 am

Welcome Mike! My name is Paige and I am an alcoholic. Glad you found us here at e-aa! Thanks for sharing!

I am sorry it was necessary to remove the link to your blog - it is a policy thing. viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8. I encourage anyone who wishes to check out your blog to send you a private message and you can give them the link one-on-one.

I hope you check out a few areas in e-aa and that we can all share our experience strength and hope with each other! :)
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby Mike O » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:09 am

Hi Mike. Welcome to the group.

-(another) Mike :D
Mike O
Forums Old Timer

Postby Mike D. » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:16 am

Thank you for the welcome! I look forward to getting to know you all!
Mike D.
Forums Enthusiast

Postby Hanna » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:51 pm

Hi Mike, welcome to e-aa. I got the help I needed to get sober from the great group of people on this site. I celebrated 1 year in June.
I will be forever grateful I found this site when I hit bottom last year. Keep posting,
Hanna
We will comprehend the word serenity and we will know peace
Hanna
Forums Long Timer

Return to Guest Book